Author Topic: PERRAM - Somerset Family Search  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Carol13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
PERRAM - Somerset Family Search
« on: Friday 28 October 05 14:33 BST (UK) »
 :) Hi Everyone

This is my first request for assistance and I'm really hoping someone out there can clarify the following for me or at least point me in the right direction!

I am trying to trace JOAN PERRAM born c1775.  She married my ancestor WILLIAM MARSH by Banns on 29/10/1795 in Baltonsborough however I cannot find any info on JOAN regarding her origins ie birth/baptism records, parents etc.  There were several PERRAM's in Chilton Polden, Cannington and Bridgwater although I can't verify a connection.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

With regards
Carol

Offline suemorgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: PERRAM - Somerset Family Search
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 07 July 07 04:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Carol,

I am also descended from William and Joan Marsh, through daughter Jane who married Joseph Symes.  The Baltonsborough registers  include the following baptism:

Joan d of Thos & Jane Periam bapt 14 October 1770

and allow you to construct the PERIAM line back several generations with reasonable confidence.

I realise that your listing is now a couple of years old, but I would be interested in comparing notes.

Regards,
cousin Sue

Offline Carol13

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 July 07 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue

Thanks for responding.  I forgot I still had this request posted!

I am descended from James Marsh (1805-1839), Jane's brother.  James married Mary Edwards (1798) and their son, Levi Marsh (1836-1881) who emigrated to Australia in the 1850's was my 3 times great grandfather.

Regards
Carol

Offline syljun

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 September 07 19:32 BST (UK) »
Hi, Would be interested to know if you have a James Perram
c.1805 who married Charlotte Hooper 18/4/1836 at Stawell.Charlotte came fom Catcott. I am unable to find birthplace of James as he was never on any Census dying
1837 before registration. Clutching at straws I know but any info. would be most helpful. Many thanks Syljun

Offline suemorgan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 March 17 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Carol,

It has been a long time, but I hope you will still get this.  I am concerned that you may have the wrong James Marsh.  In a visit to the Somerset Records Office, I saw a transcript of a diary kept by William Goodson of Baltonsborough (T/PH/ctn3), in which he records:"James Marsh son of the Late Wm & Jone Marsh Died on Sunday the 20th of january 1839 and was buried on Saturday the 26th of Do Aged 33 years / by the Revd Wm Marsh".  All is not lost, as he has a first cousin, James, son of Edward, born 1800, who does fit the census data even better.  What do you think?

Sue