Author Topic: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?  (Read 140152 times)

Offline liverpool annie

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 20:58 BST (UK) »

I agree !  :)

thanks for all the time and effort to find out all you can about these young men !!

And please tell what happens ....... !

Annie  :) :)
Cooper : Muels : Howarth : Every : Price : King

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407030702/http://www.freewebs.com/liverpoolannie

http://web.archive.org/web/20130407191115/http://manchestersoldiers.webs.com

http://web.archive.org/web/20130807102055/http://www.powv.webs.com/
Be who you are and say what you feel -  because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ! Dr. Seuss

Erect no gravestone .... let the Rose every year bloom for his sake ! Rilke Sonnets to Orpheus, I

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 21:02 BST (UK) »
I agree,  you have just done such a marvelous job, Caroline, and just look at all the recruits who've joined in along the way.

I get a tear in my eye each time I read the thread....all the best and Cyber hugs...
from Canada   J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday 18 April 06 21:59 BST (UK) »
Caroline,

What a great job you have done!

Thank you for keeping us updated. It has continued to amaze me, just how much information has been gathered and how many people came together to try and solve this mystery.

What a great honour for the families of these young men, to realize that their loved ones have not been forgotten.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline dennford

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 00:07 BST (UK) »
Great work Caroline,
        While some (myself) started with plenty of gusto I must admit to tapering off later and just waiting, meanwhile here's good ol' you still plodding quietly away.
         You should be proud of your marathon effort, we're all proud of you.

Denn
Ford, Baines, Dixon, Platts, Peat, Proctor, Rotherforth, Dakin/Daykin, Sales, Beech, Hall, Parkin, Nightingale. ----- Harthill, Waleswood, Woodhouse-mill, Whitwell

South Yorkshire/Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire

Torremocha, Candog, Ramos, Reyes, Rodrigueus
-------Philippines --- Bohol

Offline manmack

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 12:40 BST (UK) »
GOOD GIRL,your relentless search paid off,and now your hard work is going to be turned into a very memorable day for you,best wishes,mack
military history,mainly ww1,manchester pals battalions,tyneside irish +tyneside scottish brigades,leeds,liverpool,accrington,birmingham,hull,barnsley,swansea and salford pals.

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
  • All information is appreciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: Wednesday 19 April 06 18:33 BST (UK) »
Thanks for all your messages but I have to pass the credit over to the team at McGills, they have worked hard on this and done a great job in tracking down the family of Bill Allison and Jules Villeneuve, and so have everyone else in here.  I had no idea that things would have got this far.  Will keep you all posted.

2 left to find...you never know...and also what became of Gaston Caron?  I guess that's another topic for another day!

Caroline
Anges Weild - Annan - married William Blenkinsop - Annan
Jane Scott, Roxborough who married William Hope (children, Wilhelmina Amelia, Horatio Nelson Trafalga Hope!) 
James Blenkinsop (born Dumfries)
James Blenkinsop (born Lancashire)
Wilhelmina Blenkisop (born Surrey) married Arthur Price (Wales)
Henry Reginald Price (Brecon, South Wales)
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline COLL TWO

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • BONDI BEACH 1939
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: Saturday 09 September 06 12:23 BST (UK) »
Here is my contribution..good luck with your search
Robert Price Bruce...father of George Brooks Bruce born 1896.

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
  • All information is appreciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 19:23 GMT (UK) »
It's been a while since I posted an update, so hope you are all still interested to hear more.

About three months ago Bill Allison's sister gave an interview with the Montreal Gazette and they published the story on the crew and the events leading to finding the families.

After that CBC contacted McGill's and wanted to do a radio interview for their Sunday morning show, I did my part long distance from Wales.  We were hoping that we may have a response from the two families not yet contacted but unfortunately this was not the case.

Then out of the blue, a few weeks ago I was contacted by the sister of Gerald Dusablon.  Through a friend she had heard of the newspaper report and had contacted me to find out more.   I passed on information received to date together with some photographs.

A local news cameraman came along and made a great DVD documenting the story of the airmen and the climb to Carreg Goch.  He has given permission for it to be posted online, but I have no idea how to do it!  Wes from McGill's visited her and took a copy for her to see.

As with the other families contacted, she was unaware of what had happend and is grateful for what everyone has done to help.

So just one family left to find....

Caroline
Anges Weild - Annan - married William Blenkinsop - Annan
Jane Scott, Roxborough who married William Hope (children, Wilhelmina Amelia, Horatio Nelson Trafalga Hope!) 
James Blenkinsop (born Dumfries)
James Blenkinsop (born Lancashire)
Wilhelmina Blenkisop (born Surrey) married Arthur Price (Wales)
Henry Reginald Price (Brecon, South Wales)
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline KarenM

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • My Grandpa Stanley has the hanky in his pocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 19:35 GMT (UK) »
Wow, Caroline, that is just wonderful.  Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Karen
Gandley (but known as Stanley in Canada)- Ireland to Birmingham<br />Ball, Kempson & Franklin - Birmingham<br />Shorter - Surrey<br />Dyer - Devon<br />Dawkins - Co. Cork, Ireland<br />Heffernan - Ireland
Huck - Alsace, France
Reinhart - Baden, Germany
Bowman & Ellis - England
Etheridge - Gloucestershire

Who all came to Canada in a little row boat, clap clap, clap your hands!!