Author Topic: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?  (Read 140006 times)

Offline fred1951

• RootsChat Senior
  • Jessie
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #243 on: Saturday 07 July 07 21:21 BST (UK) »
WOW!
I only found this thread today, have just spent three hours reading all the postings, absolutely fantastic, Albeit a little late I just want to say ..... Well done all of you.

Julia
RHODES  - Dudley, Lye & Kidderminster
PHILLIPS - Dudley
EVANS     - Kidderminster, Worcestershire
ROACH & POUNTNEY  -  Worcestershire
GODDARD (Peter Holland) England
BISHOP   - Shipton Moyne,Tetbury
DAVIS     -  Miserden, Gloucestershire

SEALY/SEALEY - Taunton, Somerset

Offline maryd

• My emails are not working at the moment
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday 17 July 07 23:15 BST (UK) »
Superb and well done!!!!!

There is a memorial in a small church in Cumbria - Lamplugh I think, with a memorial to german soldiers killed in a crash on the fells....I think I might go and take a look - it seems to mean so much to others.
Denvir/ Denver anywhere - Cumberland/ Ireland
Lowery Cumberland
Bruce Cumberland
Downey Ireland
Christie
Graham Cumberland
Gribbin/ Gribben Isle of Man
Hebditch
O'Connor Cumberland
Vickers Cumberland

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 04:36 BST (UK) »
I don't know if anyone has seen this or not, but it seems that this article has made it onto the "Wikipedia" site.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MF-509

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 13:59 BST (UK) »
Hi, all...
That's a good little article that some more family may also come across!
The memorial has been there since the war but mentioning the hikers and momentos in that last paragraph, although accurate...should maybe have been after the paragraph about the memorial itself....as it sounds a bit  as though the site has only just been honoured lately...  ( just a suggestion for the submitter if they read this  :D )
 Cyber hugs to all...J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline mc8

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 14:05 BST (UK) »
Hi, all...
That's a good little article that some more family may also come across!
The memorial has been there since the war but mentioning the hikers and momentos in that last paragraph, although accurate...should maybe have been after the paragraph about the memorial itself....as it sounds a bit  as though the site has only just been honoured lately... 
 Cyber hugs to all...J.J.
perhaps you should correct the article-and give a plug to rootschat whilst you're at it
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DianaM

• RootsChat Member
  • So much Family History, so little time ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 14:14 BST (UK) »
perhaps you should correct the article-and give a plug to rootschat whilst you're at it

I agree!  Credit where it's due...
Diana
CAVILL (Yorkshire, Lancashire, Pennsylvania), BROWN (Yorks) SCOTT (Yorks) STANLEY (Staffs) TAVERNOR (Staffs) BLAKE (London, Wilts) FOGG (Derbyshire, Manchester)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: Tuesday 24 July 07 14:27 BST (UK) »
I can't...it says that I am blocked, although I have never contributed  ::)  :P

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Caroline_d

• RootsChat Member
  • All information is appreciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: Thursday 30 August 07 20:55 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I've not logged in for a while but I've still been on the lookout for further information.  Unfortunately there are no further updates at the moment on finding the Groulx family or any information on Gaston Caron.   

I'm still amazed with the number of hits this page has had and its good to give it a nudge to the front page now and again, new members might come across it and know something.

Anges Weild - Annan - married William Blenkinsop - Annan
Jane Scott, Roxborough who married William Hope (children, Wilhelmina Amelia, Horatio Nelson Trafalga Hope!) 
James Blenkinsop (born Dumfries)
James Blenkinsop (born Lancashire)
Wilhelmina Blenkisop (born Surrey) married Arthur Price (Wales)
Henry Reginald Price (Brecon, South Wales)
Evans (Coelbren, Wales)

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: Thursday 30 August 07 22:43 BST (UK) »
I've no idea how one can update a Wiki article, but know it can be done ... can someone reading this with the knowhow, do it, and give RootsChat a little credit for this ? 

I'm amazed at the number of 'reads' this one has had !
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk