Author Topic: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?  (Read 139761 times)

Offline EVG

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #270 on: Saturday 24 November 07 22:42 GMT (UK) »
What a sad story, but such a lovely video.  Thank you.
Gorman. Clasby.  George.  Brooker.  Taylor. Snelgrove.  Evans. Bartlett.  Radburn, Pasby, Carter.
Wiltshire.  Hampshire.  London.  Pontypridd. Scotland

Offline GerryC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 07:33 BST (UK) »
Greetings from Canada:
I have found this story very interesting.  My recommendation is that the photos - crew and individuals - be submitted to each of the men's pages on the Canadian Virtual War Memorial website.  They are very happy to be able to add info to the individual pages and I have submitted several hundreds of photos as well as stories.
It is simple to do.  You can type Canadian Virtual War Memorial in the search engine and it will take you to the website and then type each man's name and date of death in their search engine.
On the man's page you will see how to send them photos.
If anyone finds this daunting, I would be very happy to do it for you.
As well, I am always looking for photos of grave markers to submit and would appreciate anyone to visits graves with Canadian servicemen to send them and I'll submit them, crediting the submitter.
My email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed - by request  :) - and in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the PM system for exchanging personal data.

Offline Lydart

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he?
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 08:08 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat Gerry, and thanks for the info.

(Not sure if the moderators will let you keep your email address on here... we usually ask people to PM us ... thats a personal message, using the little green scroll symbol under your name on the left)
Dorset/Wilts/Hants: Trowbridge Williams Sturney/Sturmey Prince Foyle/Foil Hoare Vincent Fripp/Frypp Triggle/Trygel Adams Hibige/Hibditch Riggs White Angel Cake 
C'wall/Devon/France/CANADA (Barkerville, B.C.): Pomeroy/Pomerai/Pomroy
Som'set: Clark(e) Fry
Durham: Law(e)
London: Hanham Poplett
Lancs/Cheshire/CANADA (Kelowna, B.C. & Sask): Stubbs Walmesley

WRITE LETTERS FOR FUTURE GENERATIONS TO TREASURE ... EMAILS DISAPPEAR !

Census information Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GerryC

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery picture found near site of Canadian plane crash in Wales...who is he
« Reply #273 on: Tuesday 13 May 08 13:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much.  Didn't realize that so maybe it could be deleted.

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: Wednesday 14 May 08 05:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry and Welcome!

I think that is a great idea!  I'm sure Caroline will too.

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline Janice M

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: Thursday 27 November 08 05:13 GMT (UK) »
No news unfortunately, but instead an old newspaper article. I was hoping that it would show their photo's, but sadly, no. Maybe someone will see this site and check the Quebec papers? 

Janice
Elder, Stewart, Johnston, Baskerville, Marks, Carson, Leitch, Bulloch, Thomson, Allen, Campbell, Gordon, Murray, Kelly, Chambers, Black, Cheyne, Youngson, Williamsdaughter, Anderson, Briggs, Pirie, Clark, Philp, Mannel, Lander, Rough, Lean, Bate, Brown, Oliver, Kitt, Shards, Bennet, Young, Petrie, Wylie, Herbertson, Martin, McAlister, Best, Ginn, Ross, McIntosh, McGillivray, Russell, Pettigrew, Fyfe, Barrie

Offline Aussie Karrob

• RootsChat Member
  • Looking for those pesky elusive ancestors !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: Thursday 27 November 08 05:49 GMT (UK) »
OK OK who stole the images??????  :'(

One of the things that brought me to tears reading this post was the selfless generosity given by some ace image restorers, to restoring some old Wartime pictures.  Especially the images of Aircrew standing atop aircraft in front of a hangar.

So who stole the images?  Where are they now?

Im only one peg short of disgusted that they are removed from this thread.  Please help me to understand the reasoning.

Cheers
Robert
Check the "Surname Interest Table" at the bottom of most screens to check all my SURNAMES.

SHEPHERD, ALSOP, GIBBS, ANDREWS, GREENWAY, COLBORN - Gloucestershire
KELK, COATES, LEEMAN - Lincolnshire
STANGER, POLLARD, HASLAM, WRIGHT - Surrey
MATTHEWS, POOK, COBBETT - Somerset
BAILEY, COLLINS, McDOWELL - Australia, then who knows where in UK?

For more family names visit:
http://www.robertshepherd.tribalpages.com

Visitor password: 1596

Offline WelwynGC1

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: Thursday 02 April 09 08:28 BST (UK) »
Like several others, l have just just spent time reading this thread and l have to say that you folk have restored my faith in mankind.
Fantastically well done. Another tear jerker.

Steve.
Hayton 1800-Present Day

Maynard, Jones-Hertford

Chance- Jarrow/Hebburn/South Shields 1800-Present Day

HONOUR THE BRAVE BOMBER BOYS-NEVER FORGET

Offline geordie212

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: Saturday 23 January 16 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I just stumbled across this and at the same time came across an entry on Find a Grave which might answer your question as there is a group photo on this page
 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=56184103

Alison