Author Topic: 1841 & 1851 LEICESTERSHIRE (Castle Donington) BEEBY  (Read 2451 times)

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
1841 & 1851 LEICESTERSHIRE (Castle Donington) BEEBY
« on: Tuesday 01 November 05 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello, first time census request here so I hope this is OK!!

The wife's 2 x great-grandmother is Fanny BEEBY, born about 1836 in Castle Donington.  I have her aged 25 in the 1861 census where she is married to John WHELAN at Aldershot.  Maiden name obtained from birth certificate of great-grandmother Mary Ann Whelan in 1860.

I'd like to see if Fanny BEEBY can be found in the 1841 census (aged about 5).  I THINK she may be the daughter of William and Sarah.  Whatever, I'd like the household details for the 1841 census for Fanny, plus the 1851 census for the same family (we think Fanny may be already working elsewhere by then).

Info about William and Sarah BEEBY comes from the 1861 census, where this couple and their three younger children still at home can be seen.  Also, there are other BEEBY names in the area which MAY be married sons and daughter-in-laws of this family.

Anything you can find in 1841 and 1851 most apprecited.

Many thanks (in anticipation),
Garry Brookes - Preston, Lancashire
Cheshire - Breatherd, Habberley, Haddock, Hancock, Hunt, Johnson, Perry, Porter, Rathbone, Senior, Thomason, Warburton, Wilkinson, Wilson, Williams

Lancashire - Forsyth, Haddock, Hanlon

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire - Bore, Davies, Foulkes, Gittins, Habberley, Jones, Lewis, Meyrick, Peel, Reynolds

Staffordshire - Habberley, Mills, Billings, Breeze

Offline cep

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 & 1851 LEICESTERSHIRE (Castle Donington) BEEBY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 00:45 GMT (UK) »
1851 Castle Donnington   HO107 2140 190 p9

Bond Gate
William Beeby, head, mar, 48, Coal Dealer
Sarah Beeby, wife, mar, 44
John Beeby, son, unm, 16, Coal Dealer
Mary Beeby, dau, 11
William Beeby, son, 7, Scholar
Sarah Beeby, dau, 5, Scholar

All b. Castle Donnington

1851 Derby   HO107 2142 532 p15

46 Nun Street
Fanny Beeby, serv, unm, 13, Nurse, b. C Donnington?
with family of John Smith, Clock Maker

Regards   CP
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 09:19 GMT (UK) »
Thanks CEP!!

I have just seen your posting and compared it with what I have, it all looks very promising!  The age is a couple of years different to that in the 1861 census but that's not uncommon!  I notice her "father" is 48 in 1851 and 60 in 1901.....

Does anyone have the 1841 census?  I think that would be the clincher, Fanny should hopefully then be at home with her family - and fingers-crossed - it should be this one.

Many thanks,
Garry
Cheshire - Breatherd, Habberley, Haddock, Hancock, Hunt, Johnson, Perry, Porter, Rathbone, Senior, Thomason, Warburton, Wilkinson, Wilson, Williams

Shropshire & Montgomeryshire - Bore, Davies, Foulkes, Gittins, Habberley, Jones, Lewis, Meyrick, Peel, Reynolds

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hello CEP,

sorry to ask you another question after you have supplied such good information!  But, were there any other BEEBY families in Castle Donington in the 1851 census which Fanny could have belonged to?  Lack of any other suitably-aged family would mean Fanny is MORE likely to have belonged to William and Sarah BEEBY.

Many thanks,
Garry

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Garry

The family CEP found is the only one in Castle Donington.

There is a Frances BEEBY aged 18 in Hoby, Leics (& born there - parents Wm & Catherine), but no others even close!

Hope this helps

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline The Engineer

• RootsChat Member
  • That's me - 1963......
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 01 November 05 11:34 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Arranroots,

yes it does!!   I am sure now from looking through the 1861 census as well that there was only ONE Beeby family group in Castle Donington when Fanny was born.  So I am 99.9% sure this is her family, and that she must be the Fanny BEEBY who married John WHELAN.

1841 census would probably clinch it for sure, if I can get hold of it.

Many thanks once more,
Garry