Author Topic: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office  (Read 73266 times)

Offline mollystree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office
« Reply #108 on: Friday 20 April 12 22:53 BST (UK) »
What a star! Thank you so much.

Any look-ups in London I can help you with, please ask.

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: Thursday 10 May 12 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

Long time no "speak" nor woodwards!!...hope you are well....wonder if you could help on a Llanfynydd baptism c1896 for a daughter of Richard & Louisa Davies... the story so far on the following thread...

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,596904.0.html

No rush as usual!

Sarah :)

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: Monday 14 May 12 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello Sarah

It has been a while since we last "spoke" nice to "see" you. ;D

I had a look in Llanfynydd, Treuddyn & Hope around 1896 but couldn't see
a baptism for a daughter of Richard & Louisa Davies.

I did come across a baptism for a Richard Davies in Hope
Aug 31 1845 s/o Rees & Catherine.

Let me know If you need me to look for anything else.

Paul.

Offline sem73

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: Monday 21 May 12 23:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

Sorry not replied before today but have been in sunnier climes!...this "Davies daughter" is certainly giving me the runaround!....

Not my Richard I'm afraid!....

Take care

Sarah :)
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Davies/Griffiths/Smith/Woodward/Goodwin/Morrlle/Moralee - Flintshire

Moralee (and variants) - Durham

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: Monday 17 September 12 17:52 BST (UK) »
Sorry if this is no longer possible, but I'm trying really hard anywhere I can think of to find the parents and possible siblings of James Henry Anderson, born March 1867 to James Anderson ( at the time "Fireman down coal pit" according to his birth certificate ) and Mary (Johnston), and the birth is registered at Hawarden.
       I cannot find any James Anderson / Mary / young James Henry on 1871 or 1881 census in Wales or England. In fact, without an approximate age / birthplace for James & Mary I really cannot get any further back on this line for my other half, and I wondered if there may be some way of finding more information about where they lived.
Sadly, as he was working linked with mining, I wondered if he may have died in a pit accident between 1867 and 1871, and another rootschatter informed me of a theft from a James Anderson who was a miner, and who worked at a pit called "Flint Marsh", but online I haven't found mention of such an incident.
I'm afraid I have so little on these people, but I wondered if you may be able to help me with:
a) details of any deaths / pit accidents at that pit in the relevant period.
b) (grasping at straws) any other births to James and Mary Anderson round that period, for they may help me trace the family in later censuses.
I have NO census evidence for James and Mary anywhere, and young James Henry is invisible too until he pops up just before his own marriage, in Wigan area in 1888! From there on, I've got him, but I cannot find hair nor hide of his parents anywhere, and the only place I know where they firmly were was in the Hawarden area in March 1867 when he was born.
Sorry if it's not possible for you to help personally- I realise it could be a massive job - but if you might be able to suggest places I can try, that'd be better than chewing the ancestral carpet, as I feel to be doing every time I look at James Henry's very slim file.
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)

Offline WilliamsamI

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: Thursday 24 January 13 17:20 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul, Can't tell you how thrilled I was to stumble upon this, I hope you are still able to do a lookup or two, at your convenience. I am stuck on my great greats as well, both maternal and paternal hail from Wales, I have been doing a lot of digging but am limited from Canada, and moreover, a novice. Please if you would be so kind to look up my maternal grandma, Elizabeth Williams nee Davies, Born about 1849 Hawarden, she may have been born in Mountain Ash, Glam, from 1901 Prescott census.  She was a coal merchant and married John Williams, 1866,in Flints, he, a coal miner, preacher, and fireman in the mines. They ended up in Prescott where my grandad was born, Thomas Norman (youngest of 6?) Anything you find out, would be amazing.  I plan on visiting Wales this summerish and don't know where to start my visit.  Diolch

Offline Lorraine Windsor

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: Sunday 29 March 15 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have contacted flintshire archives to ask if they hold any records for St Clares convent, 1950,s -1960,s Pantasaph.They said that they had had many enquires with regard to St Clares and told me they hold no records for St Clares convent and gave me an address for The Sisters of Charity of our Lady mother Of Mercy.I have written to this address and never recevied a reply.Nobody seems to be able to obtain their St Clares records.Does anyone now who holds the records for St Clares Convent Pantasaph or has anyone who attended St Clares Convent,Pantasaph been able to obtain their records and if so,how?.Any help with this enquiry will be gratefully received.Thank you

Offline RobertsHolywell

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 18:37 BST (UK) »
I have written to the convent in Preston but no reply either.
Has anyone any more info - 1940/50's, the record office said they had school records
but there are no dates for the convent stays.

Offline DINGinWALES

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: Sunday 17 January 16 16:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul

I don't know if I am asking this question in the right place so apologies if I am not. When you go to Flintshire Record office, what can you actually view? For example, I am trying to find the Birth Certificate for my grandfather, John Williams (Buckley). I know his father's name was Thomas. I have bought his marriage certificate. I am reasonably certain he was born on 14 April 1883 (from his headstone). When I look at the online Birth Index there are several John Williams that could fit. If I went to the Records Office what would I be able to see. just the index, the book where the entry was made, or the details of the certificate. Would visiting help me to choose the right John Williams?
I hope this makes sense! :-\