Author Topic: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office  (Read 73567 times)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Look ups at Flintshire Records Office
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 September 04 21:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much for that I have just logged on at work on a night shift and found your message. They look very promising don't they. Were they at Chapel Street congregational?

There was a Thomas listed on the 1871 a few houses down from Richard and David so thought he might be another son but didn't want to assume being Evans and Wales  ;)

So it looks like Richard and Mary had a Walter William that died as he is not on any other census and used the name Richard more than once as my Richard was born in c1866. Will have to get looking for deaths to confirm.

Bagillt street rings a bell as well but not sure why. very frustrating as my file is at home and I am at work   :-[

Will have to organize a trip to Flintshire records sometime

Donna

If you're in work again....why are you reading this and not working?lol
Just a quick Burial; 26/4/1879; Catherine evans, age 89, Battery Row.
Paul.

Offline munchies

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Elias Saundie (Soundie) and Jane Heeley
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 15 September 04 17:10 BST (UK) »
Paul
What can I say mums and babies on the postnatal ward were very obliging and all slept at the same time thus enabling me to log on and check messages. They never stay quiet long enough to get serious research done though  ;)

Donna
Surname interests Soundie, Brookfield, Healey/Heeley, Frost, Handley, Goodall Weaver, Evans, Pagett, Waywell/Whaywell, Haimes, Jones, Roberts, Cummins Ryder, Bleasdale and Foley, Jackson, Robinson, Calvert and Grayson.
Searching in Liverpool, Shropshire, London, Worcester and Holywell, Stafford and Cheshire.  (and eventually in Ireland) :-)

Offline russell powis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 23 September 04 12:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul
Thanks for the offer.
I have a a missing ancestor, Ann Whitley, born 23 Jan 1848  at Bridge End, Hope near Caergwrle in Flintshire. According to the birth cert her parents were John Whitley, a publican, and Ann, formerly Jones. I can find no record of any marriage but would appreciate any census details of the whole family particularly for 1851/61/71 (By 1881 she was living in Birmingham) I understand that 1841 census sheets for Hope area were lost.
Russell
Powis,George, Croft, Weekes, Whitley. Mace,
Cotterill,Green,Frankcom, Weston,Village

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 24 September 04 14:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Russell
Here is something for you to think about;
1851 Census
John Whitley; 39, Tool Grinder. Born. Hope
Ann,                36,                                 ""
Thomas,            5                                   ""
Ann,                  3                                    ""
Hannah,            1                                    ""
Hannah Gibbons; 13,        Serv              ""

Baptisms
25/1/1846; Thomas, Son of. John & Anne, Bridge End. Labourer
5/3 1848; Anne, Dof, Same as above
18/11/1849; Hannah,      """""
4/1/1852; Mary,                 """"
This is the same Family so why is John a Tool Grinder on the Census but a Labourer on the Baptisms?

I did find a John Whitley Publican, Caergwrle but he is Maried to Eliza. This is their Childrens Baptisms.
6/5/1855; Mary Jane
5/11/1856;Adelaide,
6/12/1859; Margaret.

Please let me know what you think?
Paul

Offline Clio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 02 October 04 23:23 BST (UK) »
Paul, I'd be grateful if you could look in the 1871 census for Rebecca Piercy(born Hope 1850) and her daughter Emily. Many thanks Jean
researching Simmons & Griffin in Hastings, Matthias in Denbighshire, Shepherd in London, Jones & Griffiths in North Wales, Thornton & Lamb in Buckley, Williams in Cumberland B.C. Canada and Bursledon Brickworks

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 03 October 04 00:39 BST (UK) »
Hello Jean,
Did Rebecca have a Husband? was she Married in Hope? did she have other Children?
If so I'll look at Marriages and Baptisms.

I'll be going to the Archives this Week.

My dad lived in Hampshire when he was a lad, Gosport.

Paul

Offline Clio

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 03 October 04 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,
Rebecca Piercy was born in Hope in 1850. She married James Lamb in the December quarter of 1874 and they had several children( Martha, Elizabeth, Selina, James, Thomas,  John, Leonard and Bertha Louisa). However, I believe Rebecca had a daughter Emily before the marriage. I think Emily was born in 1870, hence my request re the 1871 census. I'd like to know who Rebecca's parents were and when Emily was born etc etc.
I have found an Emily J Piercy in the 1881 census age 11 living with Grandparents who might be the Emily and family I'm looking for.
Thanks for your help Jean
P.S. I'm originally from Mold
researching Simmons & Griffin in Hastings, Matthias in Denbighshire, Shepherd in London, Jones & Griffiths in North Wales, Thornton & Lamb in Buckley, Williams in Cumberland B.C. Canada and Bursledon Brickworks

Offline russell powis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 03 October 04 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul
Thanks for the information. As you have gathered it raises as many questions as it has answered!!
I am wondering if John remarried Eliza.. could just be possible judging by the dates of the baptisms.Could I ask for some more info?
1. Were John and Eliza on the 1851 census as well as John and Ann? What were their addresses?
2 Can you access the 1861 census to see what that throws up?
3 Where were the baptisms?
4 Can you find any marriage between John and Ann (?Jones) or John and Eliza in Hope/ Caergwrle?
Thanks for your help. This is the first chink of light on this branch of my family tree!!
Russell
Powis,George, Croft, Weekes, Whitley. Mace,
Cotterill,Green,Frankcom, Weston,Village

Offline jackie walker

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 06 October 04 12:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul,

Next time you go to the records office could  you please  check if they have any information on the children that were in St Clares Convent, Pantasaph 1900-1906 (my gran Mary A Brown and her sister Margaret E Brown) were both in there during this period.

Any information would be a help, I have written to the convent but with no luck.

Thank you

Jackie