Author Topic: 1851 Parish Gordon Census Look-up please - HARDIE family  (Read 3246 times)

Offline KAOS

• RootsChat Member
  • Hands across the water
    • View Profile
1851 Parish Gordon Census Look-up please - HARDIE family
« on: Friday 04 November 05 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Robert HARDIE and his wife Jane HENDERSON had a son Thomas HARDIE born Feb. 10, 1838 in Berwickshire, Parish Gordon, Scotland.

I am hoping that the family was living in Berwickshire at the time of the 1851 Census.

Here are particulars about Robert and Jane HARDIE -

Robert born 1810 in Scotland
Jane born 1794 in Scotland.

Thank you!

Mary
BROOKS, NEWCOMB, HACKETT, GILLINGS, CORNISH, TELFORD, DOUGHTY, OHMAN

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Anne Lothian

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Parish Gordon Census Look-up please - HARDIE family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 February 17 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi KAOS, 
I expect you found your Hardie family but just in case you didn't, I looked them up on Scotland's People and found them in the 1851 census. Details as follows.

Parish of Crailing    Nisbet Mill Farm
Robert Hardie   Head   M (married)  41  Agricultural labourer  born in Kelso, Roxburghshire
Jane Hardie      Wife    M                 54                                 born in Bowden(?), Roxburghshire
Mary Hutchison Step daughter unmarried 24 Farm labourer    born in ?---thom?, Berwickshire
Thomas Hardie Son   unmarried       13         Scholar.             born in Gordon, Berwickshire

Crailing is a village a few miles east of Jedburgh, in what is now the Scottish Borders but used to be known as Roxburghshire.

As your enquiry was in 2005, I would guess you already have this information or have moved on to another search. It was good to find them, anyhow!  Anne

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline terianne

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Parish Gordon Census Look-up please - HARDIE family
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 February 17 13:00 GMT (UK) »
also found them in Nenthorn at north Blinkbonny in the 1841 census this time  with thomas aged 3 and with a step daug called Helen Hutchison age 13