Author Topic: Speedie  (Read 2379 times)

Offline amcgee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Speedie
« on: Saturday 05 November 05 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on the surname Speedie- Particularly Robert Thomas Speedie--father is Thomas- mother is Jane (Green or Greene?).  Had sisters Bella (Isabella) and Agnes?- Robert immigrated to the United States in June of 1912.  Fought with the Canadian Engineers during WW1 (he did not become a citizen of the US until 1935.  He was born in Bathgate in 1891.  also- has a relative in Bathgate- owns a Butcher shop- I believe his name is Alex Speedie.  ANY INFO greatly appreciated.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Kibble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Speedie
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 March 06 19:18 GMT (UK) »
1841 census Cochrane St Bathgate
David Speedie 50 cotton ....
Isabel 16
James 14
Jane 9
Agnes Cameron (nee Speedie)
James 9
David 7

1851 Cochrane St
Thomas Speedie 31 Hand loom wvr
Janet 29
David 9
Janet 7
Margaret 5
Thomas 2
John 1

Some of the Bathgate Speedies moved to Kirkfieldbank in Clyde Valley
e mail for more info

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline amcgee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 08 April 06 04:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Kibble,
Many thanks for the information.  I am certain it will be quite useful.  Can you suggest how I can expand on the details that you have given?  I am new at this- and quite eager to explore my Grandfathers family- as I am certain that several relatives still reside in or new Bathgate.  Anxiously awaiting your reply.
AMcgee

Offline Alendzion

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 April 16 02:35 BST (UK) »
Amcgee, are you of any relation to Robert Speedie? I am his great granddaughter and have quite a but of information about him. I'd love to know more about my roots in Scotland.