Author Topic: llangyfelach church records  (Read 25769 times)

Offline marinerclark

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: llangyfelach church records
« Reply #63 on: Thursday 11 December 14 05:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello John   Yes I have been following the story of Mynndd Bach Chapel.  My Margaret Davies born 1791 at Llangyfelach married John Davies in 1811.  She was the daughter of Evan Grey born1761-1843.  John and  Margaret also had a daughter Margaret born in the 1820's, found on the 1841 census living at Penygors.  House near the parish church.  Cannot find baptisms for any of their children.   Margaret's brother Morgan Grey left a will in 1843 leaving detailed possessions to his nephews.    Hope this helps.   LizR
CLARK Waite Ashley Gravett  Vousden Lilbourn
Daniels Marten Craft Beale Rye Sussex,
Morgan, Pranch, Rees, Thomas Llantrisant, St Fagans, St Lythans Glamorgan
Howell Glamorgan, Pembroke
Davies Glamorgan Merthyr and Llangafelach
Perkin, Beynon  Pembroke
Grey David Thomas Williams Llangyfelach Parish Glamorgan

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline silvasands

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: llangyfelach church records
« Reply #64 on: Monday 20 March 17 22:33 GMT (UK) »
Have grandparents buried in Llangyfelach Church. Lilian Rees and Ernest James Rees (born 1900). Lilian was born in The USA. Her parents, Thomas Rees (and ?) went from Morriston(The Graig, I believe) to live in Indiana. There they had 4 children. Two died at a young age, the third stayed there and my g mother came back to Morriston with her mother when Thomas died.
As my g mother wanted to be buried in Llangyfelach , I`m thinking that her mother and family were also buried there. Her mother married twice or three times, the last to a Bromham. I couldn`t find Lilian`s grave (and Ernest`s, buried together) when I visited the church so am wondering if they`re buried in a , `Bromham` grave. How would I find out, please?

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.