Author Topic: Missing photocopies pages from old book - completed  (Read 1992 times)

Offline grubheam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Missing photocopies pages from old book - completed
« on: Sunday 06 November 05 20:15 GMT (UK) »
I recently discovered some photocopies pages from the book - it was something to do with Whitchurch, Herefordshire - the surname kept opping up in these pages - Gaulder / Gauler and Goulder.

My distant cousin gave me these and she cannot recall how she got them!

The articles mentioned a relation of these ancestors - Alfred Goulder is an author's grandfather. The articles included apicture of St Dubican?) in Whitchurch and mentioned MInscriptions of Gaulder family. ONe of the houses called FOrty Steps (Ashes) - I dont know where that is.

I am trying to track this book down - whoever wrote about Goulder of Whitchurch - please llok up in library in Whitchurch - perhaps theres a copy....? Thank you
Gallop / Gallop of Mid & East Dorset & Bournemouth area
Grubheam of Herefordshire
Luker of Abingdon, Berkshire & Tunbridge Wells, Kent
Dwight of Middlesex & London

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
Re: Missing photocopies pages from old book
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 November 05 20:31 GMT (UK) »
The Church is St. Dubrisius. Take a look at this URL from Genuki.
http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/HEF/Whitchurch/History1876.html
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pricewynne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Missing photocopies pages from old book
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 August 12 23:05 BST (UK) »
The author is my dad I think Tony Price. Not published just his own family history.