Author Topic: Lesliebrae  (Read 5849 times)

Offline prophetess

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Lesliebrae
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 June 07 10:39 BST (UK) »
Ho Smuckarooney, sorry i got tied up last night and by the time i was free you had gone
Orkney Archives
they are very helpful and they have a wealth of info you will find contact details here,
http://www.orkneylibrary.org.uk/html/archive.htm

As for the Flett's if you let me know the names I will see if they match up with any of mine but there are A LOT of Flett's in Orkney
FLETT, CLOUSTON, LINAY, WHISHART, SCOTT, BRUCE, GRAIGIE, MASON, ROSS, BARNET,NICOLSON, DURNO, GARIOCH, MIEL, ALLAN and Linklater, are the names I have,
Prop
ORKNEY
FLETT, CLOUSTON,  WHISHART, SCOTT, BRUCE,
ABERDEEN AREA:THOMSON, ROSIE, CHAFFEY, ALLAN,               
GLASGOW;STEWART,  SPENCE,  DOUGLAS, BLACK , KEAYS(KEYS), MITCHELL,    JOHNSTON,  FLETT,  ALLAN, CALLAGHAN, JENKS,FINLAY,SMELLIE,TYSON

MORAYSHIRE: ALLAN, INNES, MCPHAIL, MATHEWS, STEWART, MCKENZIE, MCLEAN, PLOWMAN, MASSON, 
IRELAND:DOUGLAS,BLACK,McAULAY,KEAYS,TWEED,MITCHELL,
 ENGLAND: JENKS, WALKER,BALDWIN, HURST,PHILLIPS, CHAFFEY, ROBERTSON, ALLAN;JOHNSON, AMEY,Corston,Race

Offline smuckerooney

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 08 June 07 20:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Prop,
           No probs and thanks for the note.  Well, Bill is coming to Scotland in July and hopefully he'll bring his FH with him....I will let you know as soon as I can.  Thanks again though

Rog
REDDICK....Kent - Middlesex - Surrey - Sussex

GARDINER - HAINES -  LAMBKIN - PRICE  WALTER...Kent

Offline Jones the Search

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 02 July 07 19:02 BST (UK) »
Hi  :)
The link that ADP gave you to the National Library of Scotland works and shows the location you are looking for  ::)
This link will give you information about purchasing a copy from NLS
http://www.nls.uk/collections/maps/services/reprographics.html
the sheet you need is
Ordnance Survey Maps One-inch 2nd edition, Scotland, 1898-1904 page 121
Patricia  :)
Short: Lincolnshire; India;London;Scotland; Limerick; Belfast<br />Lane: Surrey/London/Northampton/Hereford/Cheshire/Staffordshire<br />Occomore: Hampshire; London<br />Heaton: Yorkshire; Derbyshire;London
Cutts: London;Derbyshire; Yorkshire;Lancashire
One Name Study -  OCCOMORE
~~~~~~~~-------
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk