Author Topic: emigrants 1920 - 1928  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Marjorie

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
emigrants 1920 - 1928
« on: Sunday 13 November 05 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to trace my grandfather who emigrated to Australia in the 1920s.   I have been trying various sites listed but unable to find one that covers this period.   He may possibly been on the P&O BARADINE in June 1926 (on which his brother in law apparently travelled) or the P & O BALRANALD in Jan/Feb. 1928 on which his brother in law's future wife travelled.

Any advice please?
BROOKES     WYER        JEAVONS    SMITH   MITCHELL     RADNALL  GILL            GROVES
ALLEN

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: emigrants 1920 - 1928
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 02:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marjorie

Have you tried the passenger index on the National Archives of Australia.  Both the Barradine & Balranald are listed on the index.

www.naa.gov.au

Cheers
Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline Marjorie

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: emigrants 1920 - 1928
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 November 05 07:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks  for the lead Genni.

I did try at your suggestion, but unfortunately the lists start from 1926 and I have now made contact with relatives in Australia who tell me that my grandfather was already in Australia in 1926 when their father arrived.   So my grandparents actually went out there between 1917, when my mother was born here in England, probably about 1919 after the war - and 1926.  (Actually I did try the 1926 list to view my other relatives but for some reason was actually unable to view the list.)

Marj
BROOKES     WYER        JEAVONS    SMITH   MITCHELL     RADNALL  GILL            GROVES
ALLEN