Author Topic: RULE family  (Read 23975 times)

Offline JollyMe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RULE family
« Reply #27 on: Monday 19 September 11 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Kris
Thanks very much for all your help yesterday.  As you are probably aware by now I am new at genealogy and all the tips I am given are gratefully received.
Regards
Christine.

Offline JollyMe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 24 September 11 23:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter and Darren
I have been given some information from the Illogan Parish Records and in it is the following
Baptisms Illogan on LDS Film1849636, transcriptions by W. L. Bawden:
. 196? Caroline Illegittimate of Elizabeth Retallick reputed father John Rule, Camborne Church Town, Mine Captain altered this 22 of July in presence of the mother by me Liv Booth--20July1817
Hopefully this may be of some help to you.
Christine J

Offline joyce baber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 19 June 13 10:31 BST (UK) »
Hello I have been reading through this information about the Rule Family from Cornwall. I am interested in this family of John Rule and Grace Hocking as they came out to New Zealand 1856 from Australia as a son Edward was born there 18 Jan 1856 and the family left there on the ship "Grafton" 5 July 1856 and arrived in Auckland  1856 with three children Edward, Mary and John  who was 12 and he married  a Mary Ann Menzies. Now John and Grace both died in Auckland and buried in the Symonds Street Cemetery in Auckland John died 29 Jan 1859 aged 38 yrs and Grace died 22 Oct 1906. Now after John Rule died Grace married twice more once to James Chapman and he died 21 June 1870 and also buried in the same cemetery. Then she married John Cox   but I cannot find anything about him when Grace married him or when he died as she was a widow when she died. Now in the cemetery information from the Auckland City Library Grace was born 2 Jan 1824 in Cornwall  and been living here for 50 yrs . Now i would be interested to know whether this couple had other children besides John, Mary, who was Three and Edward  aged one . On Grace death certificate there was very little information it mentioned her father was Thomas Hocking  he was a miner  no mother names was mentioned Grace was 18 yrs old when she married John Rule and she was 82 yrs old when died  . Now if this Grace Rule nee Hocking is connected to any one Please let me know  Thank you Joyce Baber

Offline JollyMe

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 20 June 13 08:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Joyce
Your John Rule and Grace Hocking are another couple not related to my family but I do have the following information for you.  John & Grace M1841 Illogan and migrated to Sth Australia in 1846, fled to the gold fields in Victoria when gold was found there. They sailed to NZ when their son was three months old. In NZ they were in the hotel trade. John dying in1859.  Grace remarried five times and was a widow each time she remarried, still being in the hotel trade.  She died in 1906.  Only two of all of her children survived her, two sons, Edward & John.  If you want to know any more about this family contact a Cheryl Walpole   Email address removed by Moderator to stop spamming, please use the personnal message system to exchanger private information  who has been very helpful with info in the past.
JollyMe

Offline joyce baber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 27 June 13 11:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you for replying about John Rule and Grace Hocking . Yes I knew she had married about three times but not five times so that is interesting . I think one of her husbands was Thomas Eales or similar as I was able to receive her married certificate from the NZ Society of Genealogists. Yes Edward was born in Australia as I have also his death certificate from the Society and his daughter  gave the information on the sheet . Yes I would like some more information please  as I am also interested in one of her husbands who was John Cox thenname she died under. There is also some information about her on Papers Past  her son Edward and Granddaughter were contesting her will . I must let Roots Chat know of my change of email which I forgot to give them Thank you Joyce

Offline cheryldownunder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 16 August 13 08:22 BST (UK) »
Hi joyce baber

My name is Cheryl Walpole and I have quite a lot of info on John Rule and Grace Hocking who immigrated to Australia and then to New Zealand  they were my great great grandparent. Please get back to me if you require any info. I am also an ancestry member. Regards Cheryl

Offline joyce baber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 17 August 13 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hello Cheryl. Good to hear from you I did receive your earlier message but I am not sure whether I copied your email address down right.Could you sent  it again please sorry about this I am also on Ancestry  Thank you Joyce

Offline cheryldownunder

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 17 August 13 23:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Joyce - messaged you yesterday on login name with my email address but  will do so again today. If not my ancestryname is johnwalpole1800 - regards Cheryl

Offline joyce baber

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 18 August 13 10:29 BST (UK) »
I have sent another e mail  and yet the address you gave me was the same which I sent to you but it was returned  so i hope you get it this time.Joyce