Author Topic: Death lookuo info  (Read 558 times)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Death lookuo info
« on: Wednesday 16 November 05 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Does anybody know what sort of information would be on a death certificate for New Jersey? RE parents names etc ? :-\
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nutkin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My reason for digging! Two nutkins!
    • View Profile
Re: Death lookuo info
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 17 November 05 03:01 GMT (UK) »
It should have name, spouses name, parent's name (mother's maiden name) place of birth, cause of death and where buried.  The information is only as good as the person who answered the questions at the government office. 

I have found that some of the death record I have needed verification and sometimes had wrong information.  Example is my g-g-g grandmother lived to be 87 and died in 1931.  The person who answered the questions was her grandson who did not know her mother's maiden name or her exact year of birth.
George William Burke.. my missing link!! son of Wm Burke & Mary Jane Stone/Morris
Shields & Milner- Patrington  & Bilton, Yorkshire<br />Nixon & Bowers - Appleby, Broughton & Messingham, Lincolnshire<br />Hancock &Tyson- Tetford, Skendleby & Spilsby, Lincolnshire<br />Cochrane- Darvel, Loudon, Ayrshire<br />Yuill, Hardie- Paisley, Renfrewshire<br />Kennedy, Gardener & Clelland- Glasgow, Lanarkshire & Paisley, Renfrewshire<br /><br />Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchive