Author Topic: Timmons family of Wicklow----- UPDATED 27/10/07  (Read 11259 times)

Offline oh carolina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Timmons family of Wicklow----- UPDATED 27/10/07
« on: Thursday 17 November 05 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

wondering if anyone has any info or connections with the Timmons family from Wicklow.I'm not sure where but at one point they lived in Greystones.I'd always know my  grandmother name as Frances but info found suggests she might have been named Sarah,she was born around 1901,

C

UPDATE 27/10/07

i now believe that my grandmother,Frances,had a nephew called John Timmons that played Gaelic football.Johns father may have been Timothy Timmons but this is not a definite.

Among some of my uncles things was a death notice for Laurence Timmons(d.1956).It mentions his wife Julia and their daughters.It says that Laurence is buried in Glendalough cemetery.I have no idea how these Timmons would be connected to mine......i'm only assumings that they do because my uncle had kept the death notice.

any help would be really good,
Thanks,
Karen
kemp,moran,davis,ewell,harbin,morey,wallis,gray---portsmouth
eddy,hawes,beckerleg--cornwall
astle,astles--cheshire
moran,mcdonald,timmons--ireland
ewell,selwood--surrey

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Timmons family of Wicklow----- UPDATED 27/10/07
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 27 November 07 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello oh carolina,

RootsChatter belloc is looking for a Timmons family. See their thread ...  Timmons family of Wicklow.

Christopher

Offline butcher

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 30 July 11 22:52 BST (UK) »
Have a Laurence Timmons born around 1880; married Mary Anne Turner an lived Parkmore, Ashford, Co. Wicklow; any connection?

Offline bandc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 August 11 00:36 BST (UK) »
Re Timmons of Wicklow ,I am originally from an area of Wicklow between Ashford and Roundwood where there were quite a number of Timmons families (mostly related) if oh Carolina is still looking for her Greystone Timmons she could check out 1911 census Julia and Laurence Timmins living at house 246 Greystones, also have a daughter Sarah. In 1901 census this family is living in Colagad Delgany. This is possibly the Christopher buried in Glenadlough, if so this family maybe connected to the Timmons in the Moneystown, Parkmore, Ballycullen areas as Glendlough would be the local graveyard. I notice that in both 1901 and 1911 census and Griffiths Valuation there is entries for both Timmons and Timmins which I think maybe is the same family name. Around Wicklow Timmons is usually pronounced Timmins.
Re Butcher's entry for Laurence Timmons Parkmore Ashford if you are seeking information on your Timmons around the mid 1900S (that are now deceased) I may be able to help as I grew up beside the Parkmore Timmons
Also someone was looking for Timmons from Aghowle? , there was a large civil parish of Aghowle in West Wicklow but there is also a small townland called Aghowle in the east of the county. This townland is bordered by Ballycullen and Parkmore townlands both of which have Timmon/Timmin families in Griffiths and the census.

Offline butcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 18 December 13 21:41 GMT (UK) »
Sorry bandc, have not been on here for a while! I will send you a PM with my email address as your help would be much appreciated

Regards,

Ian

Offline Jandy1314

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 14 August 15 11:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, my father was John Timmons from Bray, county Wicklow

Offline metallicnat

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Timmons family of Wicklow-----UPDATED 17/11/16
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 17 November 16 16:40 GMT (UK) »
Im wondering if anyone can shed light on a branch of the Timmons family tree from Wicklow/ Wexford. Thomas Timmons born in Enniscorthy (1878) Son Of John Timmons and Ellen (Ryan) Timmons....

Married a Catherine (Possibly Kate, Katherine) Nolan in 1916 and had at least 5 children of which one is Hugh Timmons (Born 1921)

Hit a brick wall with ancestry sites and census information, so any info/possible links are appreciated

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 17 November 16 18:26 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat metallicnat,
I can see his birth and marriage certs on IrishGenealogy
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/civil-search.jsp which matches what you already know, so if you tell us what else you need we will try to help.

Offline rtimmons25

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 02 December 16 03:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello my name is Rachel Timmons I'm trying to find information about my family I know John Morgan Timmons is my so many great grandfather. My family doesn't talk to much about our past all I know was there was a falling out between the family and john came to american and built timmonsville south Carolina and that's where everyone would stop so if you know anything please let me know thank you.