Author Topic: McNeela's From Newport, Mayo  (Read 9829 times)

Offline pjmcn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McNeela's From Newport, Mayo
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 11 August 09 21:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
yeah I'm his son! What's your name?

Regards

Offline elainemcnl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 August 09 12:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
I've just come across this site.  From what you are saying this is part of my family too.  My grandfather was Martin with brothers Patrick, Jim, Jack and Michael.  My grandfather had two sons; Patrick who is my dad and Martin.  I knew my great uncle Jim (who was in Birmingham) and met Michael also.  I met PJ and Jean when I was in Mayo with my dad a good few years ago and PJ and Jean came over and stayed too.  Small world!
Elaine

Offline pjmcn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 August 09 13:07 BST (UK) »
hi Elaine
yes, very small world. Paul here, think I met you years ago. I'm presuming it's Martin, your uncle who commented above during the week. Still interested to know who the original James is above!
Hope your well. Say hello to pat!

Offline elainemcnl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 August 09 13:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Paul

Yes, we did meet way back.   I'm hoping it is my Uncle Martin who responded above else there is a clse relative I don't know about!

E

Offline bishopspark

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 August 09 17:59 BST (UK) »
Hi
Yes, this is Martin, your dad's cousin. You probably won't remember me because last time I met you, you were quite small. I hope I won't embarrass you too much if I say that you are on film (video)having a clandestine shower!!!! in a cottage on the Mallaranny Rd out of Newport way back in the early 90's. I remember you and your sister taking my 2, Victoria and Louise, up onto Main Street, Newport to buy sweets at 2 o'clock in the morning. Four children aged between 4ish and 8 ish on their own in the miiddle of the night buying sweets in a bar near the bridge!! This could only have happened in Ireland :)
 How are you? Where are you? I remember your sister being mad on Irish dancing at some point. Victoria loved it too.
I hope your Mum and Dad are well and enjoying some leisure time

Offline Tony Mcneela

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 28 August 15 00:47 BST (UK) »
Hi my name is Anthony mcneela I am just on holiday in westport my dad was james mcneela yes one of 5  from newport mayo I live in Birmingham England mom alma mcneela I did get to see p j mcneela at the farm Martin mcneela was in London for some time was looking up my roots here Jim my dad was a carpenter as well as I am mary mcneela and patrick was my  gran and grandad.