Author Topic: Hannon's in Dublin  (Read 3462 times)

Offline james_edge

• My email address is not working sorry
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hannon's in Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 06 December 05 20:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I've had a chance to look at both the sites. Thanks for posting a message on the first one. The second one was most interesting. I didn't know there were so many Hannon's researching their trees. It's also interesting to find out about the Hannon name. My mother, formerly a Hannon was also reading the site to learn more about her roots.

Thanks,

James

Offline Erin.Ireland

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 10 February 11 04:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi James!

I joined this site because of your post looking for information regarding Michael Hannon! I believe the Michael Hannon (born 1901) you might be looking for is the son of Luke and Annie Hannon of Dublin, Ireland. Luke was born around 1875 and Annie was born in 1882. You can find them in Ireland's census of 1911. Their daughter, Mary, was my grandmother, making her Michael's sister. She moved to the US with her grandparents around 1922 (they died and are buried her in the US). I was looking for info regarding her family still in Ireland and a sister who moved to England (I think she called her Kitty but isn't on the census, probably wasn't born yet).

Erin

Offline e_burke2

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 July 18 01:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorraine
I dont know if you are still on this site but was lovely to hear your mother still had a prayer card from the funeral of Patrick Hannon who would have been my mother's brother. I grew up in Caledon Road at that address in my grandmother's house and I remember a photo of Patrick on the wall. He must have been my grandmother's first son as his father was also Patrick. He was a boxer I remember being told and think he died from a heart defect.