Author Topic: The Pimlotts of Northwich  (Read 7192 times)

Offline Lilian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
The Pimlotts of Northwich
« on: Thursday 02 September 04 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting on the group so please forgive me for any daft mistakes.
I am tracing the Pimlott family originally from Northwich.  They subsequently moved to Liverpool and then Wirral.  The men were often Flatmen on the saltboats.

I have had an initial search in Northwich library which proved really useful.  However I am still trying to trace the marriage of George Pimlott and Elizabeth about 1810 roughly.  Most of the family Christenings and weddings seem to have been in St Helen Witton.

Is there anyone out there who is following the same family or who can help.

Thanks in advance,

Lilian  :)

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: The Pimlotts of Northwich
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 September 04 15:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilian
            Welcome to Rootschat, and dont worry to much about daft questions, or where you put them you will soon get the hang of it, you have the first one in the right place so its a good start.
  With ref to your question, I have the Bertram Merrill index of Cheshire parish marriages which is not complete but not far off.
There is no wedding for a George Pimlott and Elizabeth at Witton
but there is one for George Pimlot and Elizabeth Manwaring at St. Mary Gt. Budworth 23-june- 1811
Do you have any census info on Elizabeth that shows where she may have been born ?

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline odessa

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 September 04 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilian
I've done a little bit of research on the Pimblett family, namely the line(Isaac Pimblett) that ran a boat building yard on the R.Weaver in Northwich. I only have a possible connection at the moment through a marriage into a SENIOR family that is part of my ongoing interests. Joseph SENIOR married an Ann Pimblett(sister of Isaac) at St Wilfrid's, Davenham on 01 NOV 1874 (transcript of PR) Isaac and Ann's father was Thomas Pimblett, Flatman(b.abt 1812 Witton). There appears to be several corruptions of the surname, so maybe there is a connection?
I do have a limited amount of Northwich resources so if there is anything I can help with let me know.
Odessa.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Lilian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 September 04 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Odessa,
Thanks for your reply.  However, I can't tie in the Pimlotts that you have mentioned.  I need to do some extra research in that area.

Thanks for your help,

Lilian

Offline Lilian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 September 04 19:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

The wedding that you have found looks really promising.   :D

I have reason to believe that George and Elizabeth left Northwich to Move to Liverpool and after George's death Elizabeth moved over to the Wirral.

wrt George Pimlott I have burial details for a George Pimlott in St Martin in the Fields Liverpool in Sept Quarter - 1837- he was aged 49.

wrt. Elizabeth - she is shown in the 1851 census for Tranmere as living with her son Thomas.  Her age is given as 60 and born in Northwich as was the rest of the family.

Do you have any further details wrt the wedding or do you suggest I track it down in Northwich library or the CRO in Chester.

Thanks in advance,

Lilian

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 07 September 04 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Lilian
            I only have the basic marriage index which shows the marriage was by banns which in turn would indicate that both parties were of "full age" please bear in mind that it is only an indication.
           I am not aware of any Grt Budworth parish records online so it does look like the CRO I am afraid.

sorry I can't be of any more help on this one

regards

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline Lilian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 September 04 19:55 BST (UK) »
Thanks for trying Peter.  You've given me a good start.

Regards,

Lilian

Offline whitefriar

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 31 January 06 09:27 GMT (UK) »
I realise this thread is quite old but I have only just joined. I have quite a lot of information on the Pimblotts and the connection to the Senior family, the Mills family and the Lamb family all in the Northwich area. Let me know what branches to the family you are missing and I will see what I can do.

Regards

Offline CrocusFlower

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 01 February 06 13:49 GMT (UK) »
I've just joined as well and hope that we can share some information!

I have both Pimlet and Lamb in my tree, all from Northwich, Gt/Lt Budworth, Witton, Davenham.

Mary Pimlet from Davenham married Matthew Darlington around 1801.  I have some data on them but not Mary's parents.

My great grandmother was Elizabeth Lamb from Witton and i have a bit more data on her and the Lamb family.

It'd be good to see if these match with any one else.