Author Topic: Kilkenny Surname in Mayo  (Read 20464 times)

Offline dizcaz

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kilkenny Surname in Mayo
« Reply #18 on: Monday 20 June 11 14:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for replying and I hope this info is of help...With regard to the Patrick Kilkenny who married Bridget Kelly...Not one family member who have public trees on ancestry know what happened to him only that he died "Somewhere in England"!  He certainly does seem to be a bit of a mystery....

Good Luck Angie, fingers crossed and keep me posted...

Best Regards, Carol x

Offline dizcaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 20 June 11 14:05 BST (UK) »
Oh and by the way I have the Death Certs for both Patrick Kilkenny and Mary Cunnane Kilkenny.....Let me know if you need death info....

Offline angi0

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 20 June 11 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi carol

that would be great to see I am going to try and hunt patrick down if he died here he should be trackable... but then again the kilkennys are a mystery :)

we havent done anything for a whille as the trail went cold but this has stared interest again :)

angie
Riley- Lancashire Blackburn
Regan
Birtwistle - Lancashire back to 1160
Kilkenny - County May0
Nuttall -Lancashire
Smethurst Lancashire
Sparnon- Cornwall and Dalton in Furness
Whiteside dalton in furness
crossley lancashire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline J Jordan

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 10 July 11 19:17 BST (UK) »
Hello Carol, I stumbled on this site by accident when seeking info on Lyons...Extraordinary that you have so much info on Patrick Kilkenny, Hazelhill....who married my Great grand aunt. Maria (Mary) Lyons..as you state they were parents of  Priest Fr Patick Kilkenny......He was Head of St Jarlaths College Tuam for 22 years..Died 12 Nov 1921...as Archdeacon and priest of Kilcolman which is Claremorris..my father was the executor of his estate..I know he had few relatives (many on his mothers side) but all  lived in Chicago where his brother Austin went to aged 10 in 1866..........I was not aware of the brothers Owen or John you mention Patrick had......I have a newspaper extract report at a ceremony in Chicago in 1880....attended by Rev John Kilkenny native of Drimbane Ballyhaunis  born 1839 and his brother Rev Pat Kilkenny who died 31 March 1903 and buried in new cemetery Ballyhaunis. Yet more Kilkennys....but none that I am aware of from the Hazelhill connection.
JJ

Offline dizcaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 10 July 11 19:30 BST (UK) »
Hello and Thank You so very much for replying to me....I would love to swap what information i have with you regarding the Hazelhill and Drimbane Kilkennys.....My email address is carol.disley@wypte.gov.uk

Offline angi0

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 11 July 11 00:47 BST (UK) »
always nice to see a new lead im stil searching for john and patricks death we need to get further been stuck for ages..

angie
Riley- Lancashire Blackburn
Regan
Birtwistle - Lancashire back to 1160
Kilkenny - County May0
Nuttall -Lancashire
Smethurst Lancashire
Sparnon- Cornwall and Dalton in Furness
Whiteside dalton in furness
crossley lancashire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline dizcaz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 11 July 11 15:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Angie

The Irish usually guessed at their ages and ages were often mis-judged by 10 years either side....I have just been looking at the BMD on ancestry and there are 2 possibilities for your John and your Patrick....Firstly, John Kilkenny born about 1842, Death July 1915, Bury Lancs.....Secondly Patrick Kilkenny, Born about 1866, Death June 1919 Bury, Lancs...

If this Patrick is the brother of John than he was definately born earlier than 1866...The informant of the Death either guessed the age or if it went to the Coroner then the Coroner would have performed an autopsy and summised the age too....This is exactly what happened with my own G G Grandfather (who was also Patrick Kilkenny) in Leeds in 1911.....The cornoner underestimated his age by a good 6-10 years.....