Author Topic: YET ANOTHER BRICK WALL!!! any ideas?  (Read 5361 times)

Offline Mars Barr

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
YET ANOTHER BRICK WALL!!! any ideas?
« on: Friday 03 September 04 15:14 BST (UK) »
 ??? ::)

After a lot of searching, I finally found the marriage of my gt aunt EFFIE GRANT b.1869 Derby, in 1881 she was living with her g.mother Euphemia Martin (formerly Grant) in Edinburgh, then I discovered that she had to be in Glasgow, according to a report concernig my g.mother Mabel Grant, she & her family were returning from Canada in 1900 and were going to Effie her sister in Glasgow, great, thinks me, I`ll find her on the 1901 census.
No such luck, g.parents & mother were there (in Anderston) but no Effie, therefore, she must have married.

Yippee, found her marriage in 1897 to THOMAS COLVEN age 27 son of John Colven & Margaret (nee Lamb)
now off to search the 1901 census, must find her now me thinks, yes! success, there she was in Anderston Glasgow, with husband (no children alas, that I could find, only 2 boarders) then, Ifind that poor Thomas the husband died in August 1901!
Effie again disappears, where has she gone?
Cannot find a death for her onScotspeople, nor on the English BMD, she must have married again? but no marriage is found, deaths on Scots people go only up to 1953, have not found her, perhaps she lived until after 1953 she would then have been in her 80`s (she was b.1869)

Does anyone out there in Bonnie Scotland know of her or Thomas?? and could give me a lead??
pleeese!!
Gartland (Canada)  Copeland (Derby & Leicester)  Barr (Greenock-Scotland)
Geoghan(Ireland)  Jarvis (Essex)