Author Topic: Margaret Young NISBET - Hawick  (Read 2961 times)

Offline dortmund

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Margaret Young NISBET - Hawick
« on: Tuesday 22 November 05 16:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Seeking any info on the family below :-

MARGARET YOUNG NISBET was born 31 May 1885 in Bridgeton,Glasgow., and died 24 May 1970 in Hawick,Scotland..  She married LEONARD KERSLEY 1907, son of WILLIAM KERSLEY and HANNAH SHACKELL.  He was born 1882 in Winchester,Hamps., and died 18 June 1918 in Etrun,Pas de Calais,France..

More About MARGARET YOUNG NISBET:
Residence 1: 1885, 68 Harvie Street,Bridgeton,Glasgow.
Residence 2: 1918, 2 Morrison Place,Hawick,Scotland.

Children of MARGARET NISBET and LEONARD KERSLEY are:
   i.   VICTOR WILLIAM LINCOLN2 KERSLEY, b. 08 October 1909; d. 08 November 2002, Hawick; m. HELEN BAIRD HAIG, 1933; b. 18 June 1910; d. 06 September 1985.

ii.   MARGARET NISBET KERSLEY, b. 1916; m. JOHN ALEXANDER SMITH, 1936; b. 13 September 1908; d. 25 October 1991.

I posted a bit ago re: "Soldier from Hawick" I have also tried to email the "HAWICK NEWS" as Leonard Kersley worked for them before the start of the first worldwar.But they have not replied.

Trevor
Ethell in Yorkshire & Kent
Gamble in Hemsley & York
Kersley In Sheffield & Winchester
Roberts in Llanwrst & Sheffield
Lill in Boston
Wake in Yorkshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from "http://wwwnationalarachives.gov.uk"

Offline lesley084

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Young NISBET - Hawick
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 January 06 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Don't know if this will be any interest to you but, I went home to Hawick to visit with mum this weekend and we took some flowers up to my Dad's grave and I Found this head stone quite near to my Dad's I didn't write everything down because i knew the name rang a bell but wasn't sure why anyway.
Leonard Kersley died during the 1rst world war nr Asaar ? (can't quite remember if that is accurate) Wife of Margaret Nisbit.

The head stone next to that one also had Margaret N Kersley wife of  John Alexander Smith.

If any of these are of any interest get back to me I usually try to get up to Hawick about every three weeks so I can easily take a pic for you and get all the info of both or either grave.
They are both in Wellogate cemetery Hawick.

Regards Lesley.
amos,scott, armstrong, hume.

Offline dortmund

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Young NISBET - Hawick
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 January 06 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lesley,

Thank you very much for your observation and memory, I would be very grateful for anything regarding both graves.

Trevor
Ethell in Yorkshire & Kent
Gamble in Hemsley & York
Kersley In Sheffield & Winchester
Roberts in Llanwrst & Sheffield
Lill in Boston
Wake in Yorkshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from "http://wwwnationalarachives.gov.uk"