Author Topic: STREET Enfield Middlesex  (Read 5193 times)

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
STREET Enfield Middlesex
« on: Saturday 26 November 05 04:28 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the STREET surname in Enfield Middlesex. Would like to hear from anyone with similar interests.

jericho
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Morkin 58

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: STREET Enfield Middlesex
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 July 13 18:07 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I'm descended from William Street, a chimney sweep, of Buckhurst Hill, Essex (originally from Loughton) and am trying to link my family to the Enfield sweep, Edward Street. As his father was a Thomas Street, I am hoping that this was William Street's brother. Will let you know what I find.
Best wishes

Offline Robstreet

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 December 13 14:02 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I'm descended from William Street, a chimney sweep, of Buckhurst Hill, Essex (originally from Loughton) and am trying to link my family to the Enfield sweep, Edward Street. As his father was a Thomas Street, I am hoping that this was William Street's brother. Will let you know what I find.
Best wishes

Hello. William Street was my GGG grandfather and I have been researching him for a while. I too have been looking for links to other Street families in Enfield who were also chimney sweeps. I would like to pool any information with you and others who might be interested.
regards
Robert Street

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 18 December 13 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi what a coincidence one of the members of my club, is a Street, aged 85ish he is youngest of brothers "Smokey" and Bill, his family definitely associated with Chimney Sweeping in Enfield Wash and Enfield Town area, if I can get to speak to him, I will get back!

Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 07:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi keyboard86,Robstreet and Morkin58

I know this is an old message, and its been some time since I've been on here, due to work and family commitments, my Street family were also chimney sweeps and came from Bishop Stortford Hertfordshire. I have also found that they did indeed  have links to Enfield. I have just gotten a new laptop and have not as yet, uploaded my family tree, but when I do I will contact you all in regards to both families if you still wanting more information. Keyboard86, would be interested to find out more from your club member if possible.

jericho
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Morkin 58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 20:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jericho,
Yes, I am still interested in links between my Street family of Hertford/Loughton/Buckhurst Hill and the Enfield Streets.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jericho,
Yes, I am still interested in links between my Street family of Hertford/Loughton/Buckhurst Hill and the Enfield Streets.

Hi again, my club mate who I only see on the odd Sunday, is "Wally" he is a known member of the Street/Chimney sweep family, he has not been too well but if I see him I will ask just what info he has of the Essex/Herts side of his family.
Keyboard86

PS I know from Wally, that they had premises by the current Albany Swimming Pool, next to the old Embassy Cinema ( The flea pit)! Enfield Highway

Offline Morkin 58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello Keyboard 86,

I was born in Enfield and am now in Cheshunt. My Dad lived near the Old Embassy cinema.

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 18 March 14 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Keyboard 86,

I was born in Enfield and am now in Cheshunt. My Dad lived near the Old Embassy cinema.

;D What a small world, I was about a quarter of a mile away from the old Embassy today, at the Conservative Club opposite Ordnance Road, your father must have known Wally?
His father also worked if I recall for the Cooperative Store as a delivery driver?

EDIT not the Embassy cinema, it was the Premier!