Author Topic: Shorter Berkshire / Hertfordshire.  (Read 2975 times)

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Shorter Berkshire / Hertfordshire.
« on: Saturday 26 November 05 04:32 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Shorter surname in  Wokingham in Berkshire and in Bishop Stortford Hertfordshire. I would love to hear from anyone else researching this family.

jericho
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline macdonab

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Shorter Berkshire / Hertfordshire.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 May 13 15:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Jericho,

I just joined and found this post.

My grandmother was Mabel Shorter born abt 1881 in Tilehurst.  Here father was William Shorter b. 1849 in Wokingham.  There were 4 more generations of  William Shorter's born 1819, 1790, 1751 and 1734. 

If you still have interest or would  be willing to share info, please let me know

Bob

Offline jericho

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 03:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob,

Welcome to Rootschat, my 3rd great grandparents were Edward Shorter and Susannah Baker. Edward was the 4th son of William Shorter and Flora Watts. I will pm you so we can share information.

jericho
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline macdonab

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 12 November 14 16:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jericho,

Been awhile, but I'm still working on the Shorter family.  If your still interested in sharing I can send you a pdf overview of what I have on this family,

Are you also interested in the Seagrey family? 

Bob

Offline illumina

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 17 May 23 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, it's been a long time but hopefully you are still researching this family. I have recently discovered that my 6x great grandfather was Robert Shorter of Easthamstead who died in 1768. I have his will which proves his daughter Ann married into the Trickey family of Wokingham (my connection), and it mentions lots of other relatives besides his children, including two brothers, a nephew, an uncle and a cousin. Just wondered if anyone might know more about this family.
thanks
J
Scandrett (Herefordshire); Autie, Canning, Ainge (Worcestershire); Haslum (Gloucestershire); Brittain, Griffiths, Price, (Birmingham); Cunningham, Geraghty (Ireland); Trickey, Shorter, Instock (Berks); Whitehall (Bucks)