Author Topic: Offer: Norfolk Pictures on my Travels  (Read 18345 times)

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Please don't try to PM me :)
    • View Profile
Re: Link, Norfolk Pictures
« Reply #18 on: Monday 02 July 07 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Teddy or anyone else  ;D
Thanks for the kind offer to photograph Norfolk villages...my hubby has links to Stanhoe and Sandringham.  His Oughton family lived at Stanhoe in the early-mid 1800s, as did the Goss family, and there was a marriage of one of the Gosses to a Cook at Sandringham.
Photos of either of these two places would be just lovely  :)  In particular the churches would be nice to see.

Thanks so much for your kind offer  :)

Prue

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 02 July 07 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Prue

There is a fantastic site that shows most of Norfolk's Churches. 
http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/norfolkindex.htm

Sadly, Sandringham isn't on as yet but as this is on the Queen's estate, it is very well represented on the WWW.

Sandringham Church was restored quite a lot after the estate was purchased in the C19th and it has been added to over the years as befits a Royal Church.  (Sometimes over adorned in my humble opinion!)

Put Sandringham Church into a search engine and have a good browse.

The site that relates to the estate
http://www.sandringham-estate.co.uk/section.asp?p=2&s=2
is quite a good starting point but has not got a lot about the Church history.

I will take some more pictures next time I am out that way.

Teddy
 ;)
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 02 July 07 21:35 BST (UK) »
Thank you Teddy - for the links and for the photo offer  :D
Much appreciated  :) :) :)
If you are ever going by Stanhoe a few snaps of the village would be just lovely, if it's not too cheeky of me to ask  ;) ;D

Thanks again!

Prue

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 02 July 07 21:47 BST (UK) »
You don't get anything if you don't ask! ;D

Teddy
 ;)
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline PrueM

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 02 July 07 22:07 BST (UK) »
THanks Teddy - and that link for Norfolk Churches is wonderful, have just spent a good while looking at the Stanhoe pics and can't believe how many others are on there!
 :)
Prue

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 13 October 07 19:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Prue

Sorry, but I haven't been out that way lately and nor have I been to Clenchwarton for another Rootschatter.  Work!  Gets in the way of everything!!!

Hope the link to the site of Norfolk Churches was sufficient for the time being!

Teddy
 ;)

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 28 February 10 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Sadly, the site has been closed down due to MSN stopping their service. 

I can still offer the same service, along with many other services, to find out more, please go to my website;

http://norfolktours.webs.com/

which gives all details.

Thanks.

Teddy
 ;)