Author Topic: George Thomas Frazier (Frazer) from Inverness to US  (Read 5019 times)

Offline smfraz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
George Thomas Frazier (Frazer) from Inverness to US
« on: Monday 28 November 05 15:22 GMT (UK) »

George Thomas Frazier (Frazer) was born at Inverness in 1725 and later immigrated to the US about 1747.  My records indicate that he married a Mary Pugh (born 1727) from Wales.  He could have possibly come to Pennsylvania first before relocating to North Carolina.

I have also been looking diligently for years to find the father and mother of George Thomas Frazier (Frazer).

Any information or advice on where to look further would be greatly appreciated.

Steve Frazier
Frazier, Fraser, Pugh, Pike, Kennedy

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Thomas Frazier (Frazer) from Inverness to US
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 April 06 02:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

It's a submitted record admittedly, but IGI has this record:

George Thomas FRAZIER
born about 1725 Inverness, Scotland
died about 1790 in Randolph, North Carolina
Father: John FRAZIER  and mother Mary FALCONER
Married: Mary U PUGH about 1747 in  Randolph, North Carolina

I think the birth years could be pretty fluid, and maybe even the death & marriage years? Even the place in Scotland where he was born. Probably they they are based on subtracting an "average" amount of years from an actual record - but that record stated his parents names.....?

You may have been this route  ???  but In the many LDS records on the stateside events of their children, some entries state there is a name and address of the submitter -   Check the LDS Pedigree file and search Mary PUGH married George FRAZER USA - 18 results, some have the submitter details- and not all the same submitter -  even if it is only a member of the church, following this lead may take you to the possible document which stated his parents names. One of the records said Mary was from Pembroke, Wales and the submitter gave an address and a website (now not available)......

cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: George Thomas Frazier (Frazer) from Inverness to US
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 April 06 03:36 BST (UK) »
Hi again
I'm sure you also have all this - but Google search "George Thomas Frazier"+Pugh brings up a wealth or results via various descendants family trees = pne :

http://www1.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?view=70&userid=kims
Seems to indicate George's father was named Simeon FRAZIER  - have you come across that one before?  I'm guessing maybe from a marriage record as the site owner says  "In 1748, when George was 23, he married Mary PUGH" ? unless the data is being generated by a programme which calculates ages and inserts it into the text......2

Another site says they were Quakers - may this may help the angle taken in Scots research?

And this one is interesting info on the name:
http://www.fraserclan-cal.net/

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)