Author Topic: John Morgan  (Read 2056 times)

Offline tess4207

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Morgan
« on: Tuesday 29 November 05 03:45 GMT (UK) »
I am seeking any link info or advice re the family John Morgan? b 17/2/1843  Rheidol County Ceredigion Mid Wales Vale of Rheidol Railway Aberystwyth.Father William Morgan,m Mary Williams.
Im not sure if this is the person but I am aware that father of the John Morgan I am seeking was ? an engineer  who went to Copenhagen Denmark.
Any assistance appreciated
AGAR ALLAN HAYWARD BUDD COMBE ELLIS JOHNS MCARTHUR MCDONALD MCKENZIE MANSER MILLER MORGAN MORRIS
NEWBOLD NICHOLS ODONNELL PEARCE PENNINGTON PRIDHAM REDPATH SHIELLS WILSON

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
Re: John Morgan
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 December 05 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Do you know where John was born, was it Aberystwyth?   There is no Rheidol county in Wales.    What was his link to the Vale of Rheidol Railway which opened between Aberystwyth and Devils Bridge in September 1902?
Unfortunately the name John Morgan is quite common in Wales (not as bad as John Jones :)) as are William and Mary Morgan, so any more specific details would be of great help.
The Vale of Rheidol railway is quite well documented and a summary of it's activities can be found in W.J. Lewis' excellent book, Born on a Perilous Rock, Aberystwyth Past and Present, printed and published by The Cambrian News (Aberystwyth) Ltd., 1980.
Best of luck, cheers Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire