Author Topic: 1861/or71 Census Bathgate Look up Request  (Read 1936 times)

Offline art.birchell

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1861/or71 Census Bathgate Look up Request
« on: Wednesday 30 November 05 20:34 GMT (UK) »
I'm trying to find information on a Robert Haggerty and Ann Hay. I have no marriage date but IGI gives a number of children born between 1855 and 1872.

What I am trying to find out is the date and place of birth of Robert Haggerty, the father and husband of Ann Hay. I find nothing in the 1881 census but due to the dates of the children's births they must have been in or around Bathgate in 1861 and 1871.

Any help on the marriage date or the census information would be much appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Best Regards
Art Birchell.
England -(Wilt Chute) Jennings (Cam) Howard Hart (Sur) Ede
(Dev) Selley (Lon) Burgess (Lincs) Freeman Kingswood
Scotland Renfrew-Haggarty Berwickshire-Graden
Ayrshire-Johnstone McConnell Jennings
Kirkcudbright- Good Gray Gilchrist
Ireland -Johnston Robertson McConnell Birchell

Offline Scrapaholic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861/or71 Census Bathgate Look up Request
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 26 January 06 20:25 GMT (UK) »
I have only just started tracing my roots but I started with a Scotish decendant and the site www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk is a great start - you have to buy credits to view but I'm so impressed with the results.  I traced back about 15 people in one night for £12 - it would of cost me a fortune to fly up and do the research.  You get 30 credits for £6. I will have a quick look to see if they are listed.

Offline Scrapaholic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1861/or71 Census Bathgate Look up Request
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 26 January 06 20:31 GMT (UK) »
Ok, there was one hit for Robert haggerty in the 1871 census but 312 for Ann Hay.
1861 census brings up 268 for Ann Hay.  There were 2 hits in the 1861 census so that means his father is probably called Robert too. Probably worth spending the £6 as each marriage, death or birth you look at will cost you 6 credits.
HTH.
Sarah