Author Topic: NEWITT family Long Buckby  (Read 21586 times)

Offline mg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: NEWITT family Long Buckby
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 08:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kaoota

No I haven't got a Mabel Ogden, in fact I'm struggling a bit with the Ogdens.

I have a few Letts, 2 Josephs (father & son) & Jesse. I have some Muddiman's as well.

Mary
MASON - Northampton/Long Buckby
RUSSELL - Leicester
CIVIL - Northampton/Northumberland
SIMPSON - Leicester
HANWELL - Northampton/Long Buckby
BULLIMORE - Northampton/Lincoln
OGDEN - Northampton/London
BARGINALL - London
WRIGHT - Northampton
HILLYARD - Northampton
PICKERING - Northampton
OSBOURNE - Long Buckby
LETTS - Long buckby
LAW - Northampton
SEPPINGS - Norfolk
SIMMONS/SIMONS - Northampton
JOHNSON - Great Houghton, Northants

Offline bobslot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 18:12 BST (UK) »
To all Researchers of the NEWITT line in Long Buckby, I have nearly all those names that have cropped up in this forum, would like to make contact with any one willing to share their research.

Offline kaoota

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 03 October 08 09:16 BST (UK) »
Hi  bobslot,
I am always happy to share. What would you like to know? My last  NEWITT born in LB was Adam 1789, parents John and Phoebe MALKIN . It IS a large family, and I have managed to trace them out of LB to Crick in the 1500's. I would say that those in surrounding villages are also related.
However I do not have any of those mentioned in this chatroom. I am always looking to add more people to my tree.

Offline bobslot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 03 October 08 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Kaoota, thanks for your reply, like you I have traced the family back to 1708 in Long Buckby, then the Parish records are missing back to 1689, prior to that to 1554, there is no mention of a Newitt, however I do agree with your findings going back to 1534 when a Richard Newitt and Gillian appear, I have built up all the family units and believe that those that went south of the county could be related , and there is a family whose names appear in the early 1700's in Long Buckby that are also in Crick, I do not have any proof of connection only assumption's, and a big gut feeling that they are related.

My research also has been in trying to find as many as possible of the descendants of these early findings, UK is about 200 pages long and the Tasmania/Australia is over 300 page report.  So I would dearly like to make contact with you in order to exchange research. Kind regards Bobslot

Offline XTrez

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 05:44 BST (UK) »
Hi  bobslot,
I am always happy to share. What would you like to know? My last  NEWITT born in LB was Adam 1789, parents John and Phoebe MALKIN . It IS a large family, and I have managed to trace them out of LB to Crick in the 1500's. I would say that those in surrounding villages are also related.
However I do not have any of those mentioned in this chatroom. I am always looking to add more people to my tree.

Hi Bob,

Im also a decendant of John Newitt and Phoebe, Id would like to share information and resources with you if your interested. My email is (*)

hope to talk soon

Kind Regards

trev

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline kaoota

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 09 April 09 01:08 BST (UK) »
Hi Trev,
I received your message re John and Phoebe Newitt. Rootschat  deleted your e-mail adress, but  Bob is the fount of all Newitt knowlege.

Offline kaoota

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 09 April 09 01:26 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to send a personal message, but can't follow the  directions!!

Offline AlexStewart

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 15 December 14 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Trev,
I received your message re John and Phoebe Newitt. Rootschat  deleted your e-mail adress, but  Bob is the fount of all Newitt knowlege.
I note above that Bob is the fount of all Newitt knowledge, so I am referring this query to Bob.
In transcribing Northampton St. Sepulchre marriage records I came across a Hannah Newitt who
married Thomas Wright on 25 Dec. 1800. I am trying to help a present member of the Wright
family who seems to descend from a Samuel Wright who was born in 1807. His parents were
Thomas and Hannah but I cannot be sure that the Hannah was named Newitt. I do know that
Samuel's mother Hannah died in 1827 aged 53. Does Bob know of a Hannah Newitt of  Long Buckby and when she died?
Alex
Stewart:Donegal
Babington: Donegal and Londonderry
Patton:Donegal

Offline susyswan

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 06 January 18 00:57 GMT (UK) »
i am tracing the Newitts  from Long Buckby. my two grandchildren are decended from John Newitt 1796-1875 and his wife Ann Cullop 1812-1852  through their son Alfred Newitt 1826-1899 and his wife Rachel Tew 1823-1889 this line of the family came to Wolverhampton .