Author Topic: Message to Audrey  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Calgarian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Message to Audrey
« on: Monday 19 December 05 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Audrey:

I was wondering where you got your Co. Armagh information from.  I have been trying to get information from N.Ireland for two years now and have nearly given up.

My gt. grandparents were born in Co. Armagh according to the 1871 English census. 

Their names were Patrick Harvey born 1826 and Rose Harvey (nee McNally) born 1831.  Their first 5 children were also born in Co. Armagh but I have no town for any of them.

If I new the town they were born I could contact the local Catholic church for birth and marraige info.

As I live in Canada I am unable to visit Ireland in the near future but do intend to go their soon.

Hoping you can help or anyone else out there.

Offline luc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: mccann's of Armagh
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 December 05 23:14 GMT (UK) »
Calgarian - I had the same problem living in Australia...  I found out the town my Great Grandparents were born in through attaining a copy of their death certificates and marriage certificates as the town of birth is listed on them (as well as their ages).  Not sure what is listed on Canadian certificates.

Other than that - you can try www.proni.gov.uk or www.ancestryireland.co.uk which may point you in the right direction.

I'm still trying to get a copy of my Great Grandparent's birth certificates and it isn't easy!  Good luck!

Offline Pat Reid

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 December 05 05:58 GMT (UK) »
Greetings all:
Here is a good site for Lurgan records and info. http://www.lurganancestry.net/introduction.asp Broken Link

Another good one for Armagh is  http://www.connorsgenealogy.com/Armagh/

Calgarian:
Here are Harveys from Ballymore Civil Parish

Harvey James Aughlish
Harvey John Aughlish
Harvey Margt. Aughlish
Harvey Patrick Ballymore
Harvey Patrick Tullyhugh
Harvey Robt. Aughlish
Harvey Thomas Mullaghglass
Harvey William Derryallen
Harvey William Tullyhugh

http://www.connorsgenealogy.com/Armagh/BallymoreTithesF-I.htm

Hope this is helpful.
Good luck,

Pat

Reid, McAlinden, Larmour, Mulholland, Kelly
Warrenpoint, Rostrevor, Rathfriland

Offline Calgarian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
To luc and Pat
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 20 December 05 13:44 GMT (UK) »
Thank you luc and Pat

My gt. grandparents where born in Co. Armagh then moved to England about 1862.

I have been in Canada 30 years but on my last trip to England I looked at the local Catholic church records and got lots of information including my gt. grandmothers maiden name but nothing about where in Co. Armagh they were from.

Without a town I am stuck.  I think I have been into every website there is on Ireland.  Got a lot of websites from reading RootsChat.

Pat, thank you for your contribution but do you have birth dates for the 2 Patrick Harveys and the Thomas Harvey.

Thank you both for replying. Glad to know someone out there is willing to help.

Offline Calgarian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Reply to Christopher
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 20 December 05 15:40 GMT (UK) »
I think you have mixed me up with someone else.  I had no list attached to my post.  I am only interested in Patrick and Rose Harvey.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 21 December 05 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Guys  8), I realise it is the season of goodwill and merriment and all that but this thread is becoming somewhat of a mess. Just take a look at it. A message to Audrey (it looks as though Subject matter should be Harvey) and a message to Luc and Pat (that one should have said McCann's of Armagh or Harvey as Subject and the phrase Luc and Pat contained in the message). The Personal Message system and New Topic are both advantageous in that they stop you going off thread. Please do a bit of tidying here. How is poor Sarah going to sort this one. It could get worse once replies for McCann and Harvey begin pouring in.

All the best Christopher   

I have tried my best to edit this post best I hope this now looks better, regards Sarah
:-\

Offline luc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 22 December 05 06:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Christopher - thanks for the feedback.  I'm sorry - but I am a complete novice at this and don't understand a lot of the terminology as yet...  I thought this is the only way to reply to someone (by clicking on the "reply" button) and the "help" topics do not seem to mention how to use the personal message system.  If you could point me in the right direction on how to do a personal message - I'd appreciate it and I am sure others would too. :)

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 22 December 05 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Seasons Greetings Luc,

Do not worry. We were all novices once.

Sending Personal Messages

The User name is on the left hand side of the page
Put your cursor on the user name.
The arrow is changed from an arrow to a hand with a pointing index finger. Click with left finger on your mouse.
The Users Profile appears. Scroll down the profile and you will find the following instruction Send this RootsChatter a personal message. Use the PM system if information is not vital to subject matter on the thread. You are allowed to use your discretion. Personal chit chat along with genealogical information is all part of the fun.