Author Topic: Charles LANE somerset  (Read 22850 times)

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Charles LANE somerset
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 19 October 14 00:36 BST (UK) »
Search results from FREE REG:

# Record Type Baptism Date Surname Forename County Place Name Found As
1 Baptisms 27 Feb 1742/43 DALE Betty Somerset Cameley Father Surname
2 Baptisms 07 Apr 1745 DALE Georg Somerset Cameley Father Surname
3 Baptisms 15 Apr 1749 DALE Mary Somerset Cameley Father Surname
4 Baptisms 07 Dec 1752 DALE James Somerset Cameley Father Surname
5 Baptisms 06 Jun 1756 DALE Maurice Somerset Cameley Father Surname

# Record Type Marriage Date Surname Forename County Place Name Found As
1 Marriages 21 Dec 1794 DALE James Somerset East Harptree Groom Surname

# Record Type Baptism Date Surname Forename County Place Name Found As
1 Baptisms 03 Jun 1796 DALE Betty Somerset Hinton Blewett Father Surname
2 Baptisms 08 Apr 1798 DALE Mary Somerset Hinton Blewett Father Surname

Perhaps their is a connection between the James Dale (?) who married Ann Thiery and the one born in Cameley.  The only marriages found in Cameley are for the earlier Betty Dale and Mary Dale. Only deaths in Cameley are for Solomon and Alice Dale, parents of the children born in Cameley.

I wasn't specifically looking at Cameley, it is just what came up.

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 20 October 14 06:27 BST (UK) »
In regards to Reply#26 have sent request today to FREE REG to examine baptisms.
Handwriting examples:

http://www.ancestry.co.uk/cs/Satellite?c=Learning_C&childpagename=UKLearningCenter%2FLearning_C%2FPageDefault&cid=1265124425857&pagename=LearningWrapper

Makes you still wonder ???

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 16 November 14 21:56 GMT (UK) »
The Hinton Blewett baptismal registers have been checked and the name is definitely DALE, per FREE REG.

Offline Buttercup74

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 26 March 18 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi I am a descendant of James Lane and Ann Thiery. They are my GGGG grandparents. My grandmother is Elvira Elizabeth Lane of Sixbells Abertillery (where I was born). Her father is James Lane born Llanhilleth 1888 and mother Daisy Louisa Davies born Merthyr Tydfil 1898. His father was Mark Lane born Somerset 1841 and mother Elizabeth Cooper born Somerset 1841. Marks brothers and sisters that I have been able to find were: Worthy born abt 1843, Alfred 1852, Charles 1838, James 1840, Harriet 1837. Their parents were Mark Lane born Camley in 1816 who married in Chew Magna Somerset in 1837/38 to Sarah Cowdrey/Cawdry 1816. Marks parents were James Lane 1769 and Ann Thiery 1771. I have found what I think maybe a possiblity of his parents: Richard Lane 1721 who married 3/7/1753 Wellington Shropshire to Jane Neuns 1721. Richards father and mother were Henry Lane 1695 and Mary 1699. My only query of this is: there is a Henry Lane married to a Jane Neuns. So there seems to be a cross over of names. I cannot find Ann Thiery in Somerset, however the name does suggest French origins. If you would be willing to share information I would be very grateful of this and I am of course willing to share anything of my tree. However I do not know how to share my private email address on the site. If you would be willing to talk me through this I would be eternally grateful
Kind regards

Offline Nova67

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 26 March 18 21:38 BST (UK) »
I have sent you my email via personal message system. You have to make a certain amount of replies before you can use it.
Multiple family members have tested with Ancestry DNA and show links to many of James Lane and Ann’s (still no clarification on her maiden name)  descendants, particularly seeming to clarify that William Lane  bap. 1807 emigrated to Pennsylvania,USA.
Kind Regards
N