Author Topic: John Gowers in Stebbing  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Rockbourne38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: John Gowers in Stebbing
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 02 May 17 22:31 BST (UK) »
On my Gowers family history file I have a George Lewis born Stebbing 1846 who married to Hannah *aka Anna) Gowrs in 1868, and they had 2 children that I have found, they were Margaret and Ellen, so if this is the family you are interested in, pleaes let me know, but as said earlier I would need to send this info by email, so if there are private message facility on this site, then please send me a pm and I can take it from there, as I dont add details family history to public sites. I also have a Sarah Jane Gowers on my tree, born Stebbing 1858, baptised Stebbing 20th June 1858, she was 3rd daughter of Charles Gowers and his wife Elizabeth,  but not yet found other info about her, Best wishes from Australia

Thanks Jane. I am actually trying to follow the Lewis line from Stebbing. The Gowers (Sarah Jane) side is my great grandmother. If you can give me marriage information prior to George Lewis and Elizabeth Turpin that would be greatly appreciated. Regards Norm.
Shufflebottom, Phillips, Stevens, Basing, Vincent, Mowles, Stone, Cribb, Peareth, Davison, Fry, Wise, Peareth, Davison, Lowman

Offline reloadoz

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 04 May 17 12:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Rockbourne38:
I too am in Australia and looking to getting back on track with family history. You can email me at norlew@iprimus.com.au
Cheers
Norm

Offline Rockbourne38

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 30 October 17 21:52 GMT (UK) »
John Gowers born Stebbing in abt 1816 was the 9th child of Thomas Gowers (born 1770 and his wife Sarah nee Willis, and John married at Stebbing in 1840 to Elizabeth Lapworth, is that the same john for whom you are searching? The father of Thomas Gowers was most likely Reginald Foote Gower or Gowers, but we have not been able to prove that. My g/g/grandma was Elizabeth (Eliza) Gowers, 5th child of Thomas and Sarah, so she was older sister of John born 1816. Eliza  married William Myall, and their son Samuel was the father of my grandma. I do not have any other John  Gowers on my Gowers file, but happy to share the info I have on the Gowers family if you wish. Best wishes from Lila in Australia
Shufflebottom, Phillips, Stevens, Basing, Vincent, Mowles, Stone, Cribb, Peareth, Davison, Fry, Wise, Peareth, Davison, Lowman