Author Topic: Perry in belfast Antrim  (Read 4628 times)

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Perry in belfast Antrim
« on: Tuesday 03 January 06 11:25 GMT (UK) »
hello
on the IGI i find a  list of children to a Thomas Perry & Mary Toward as follows...
James Perry 22mar 1876 Antrim
Susan Perry 20nov 1873 Belfast Antrim
Thomas Perry 18jun 1869 Antrim
Margaret Boyd Perry 9jan 1867Belfast Antrim
Sarah Jane Perry 10jun 1864Belfast Antrim
Henritta Perry 1880Belfast Antrim

no sign of an Elizabeth to a Thomas Perry &Mary Toward who i am seeking information on with a brother called James who i have as being born in 1876 but in the febuary( details from a family bible started by the daughter of James)
Can anyone supply me with further info on any of these people to see if i can link them in as being "family" .
any help would be greatly appreciated
kind regards aeroqueen

Offline GaryOB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Perry in belfast Antrim
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 13:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Aeroqueen
You might like to check the "Timelines" on the following Belfast history website at http://www.glenravelonline.com/home/page.php?id=8

In 1860's/70's/80's & 90's there are several mentions of Perry's including the following that might be those mentioned in your message.

Jan 1891, Mary Perry, Lizzie Wiggins, Rebecca Kerr & Mary Robinson were charged with being concealed in Victoria Military Barracks with intent to commit a felony.  They were sentenced to two weeks in jail.

Jun 1896, Mary Ann Perry was charged with neglecting her infant child by being drunk with the child in her arms.  She was jailed for 3 months with hard labour.

Sep 1897, Mrs Perry was arrested and charged with the murder of her infant child.  She was too ill to attend court.
An inquest was held into the death of Rose Catherine Perry of Frederick Lane, who was found dead beneath the stupified drunken body of her mother.  The child had died of asphyxia.

Mar 1890, Minnie Perry (could this be short for Margaret?) and Jane Cunningham were charged with pushing ministers attending a funeral on the Falls Road into a hedge.  They were each fined 20 shillings plus costs.

Not the best news to pass on but these and other stories you will find could indicate addresses or other names to help your research.

Best wishes
Gary
O'Brien (Coleraine/Canada/Donaghadee)
Milliken (Belfast and others)

Offline aeroqueen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 January 06 14:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gary
thanks for your reply
very interesting i will check out the site you recommend for further investigation .
the examples of the Perry surname you have given me i can almost here the skeletons rattling!!!but that's what this is all about finding past ancestors good or bad...
thankyou once again kind regards aeroqueen

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 January 06 14:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 16 November 12 13:52 GMT (UK) »
Going through old posts and came across this one.

www.family search lists the marriage of Thomas Perry and Mary Toward as 1861-
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGXD-NMP

Civil registration of births didn't start until 1864 so perhaps the Elizabeth you were searching for was born 1861/1963.

Henrietta's birth is listed here-
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGK4-SG7

James' extracted birth-it's not unusual to find different dates in Bible entries (especially if the details were written in years later)-
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGNN-JR8
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline mattfrombann

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 28 November 12 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It might be worth investigating Ahoghill records. Perry's were a well recorded family there in 1800s. They farmed alongside and inter married with my Bankhead ancestors. And the farm were my previous three or four generations lived passed into the Perry family. I haven't looked for a while, but in the 1980s there were still Ahoghill Perry descendants listed in the phone book. Unfortunately I don't have any records of the particularly family you are researching

Regards

Matt