Author Topic: Interests: Amies (Diddlebury / Munslow pre 1800)  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Jebbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Interests: Amies (Diddlebury / Munslow pre 1800)
« on: Monday 13 September 04 18:54 BST (UK) »
In particular the family of Samuel & Martha Amies (nee Corbett; married Munslow, 1757).  I have two candidates for Samuel's birth but am struggling to pin down which it is:

1.  Samuel Amies born 13/4/1735, son of Bonham Amies & Hannah Wall, Easthope
2.  Samuel Amies born 19/9/1723, son of William Amies and Sarah, Holdgate

--- Tony Jebson
A Brit in Austin, TX

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: Interests: Amies (Diddlebury / Munslow pre 1800)
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 November 04 21:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have a look at this site http://www.familyhistoryonline.net/

You have to register (for free) but some search results do require a fee - it's a pay as you go site.

I had a quick look for AMIES and several pages appeared - you never know your AMIES might be among them!!!!!

Regards

Jan :)
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Lucretius

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 March 05 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello Jebbo,
I am related to Amies of Richards Castle, Shropshire.

I came across a John Amies of Holdgate who married Margaret Mapp in Richards Castle 9 July 1801. Margaret Amies and her daughter still living in Richards Castle in 1851 census.

Gavin, Australia

Offline ukfoto

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 02 January 06 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Ive just been tracing my family tree on the Amies side. Samuel Amies is a relative of mine I have his parents as Bonham Amies and Hannah Wall married in 1728.
May be your a relative !! ??

Offline Jebbo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 08 January 06 10:22 GMT (UK) »
Hmm . . . I'm descended from Francis Amies, born 1774 in Munslow, parents
Samuel Amies and Martha Corbett (married 1757 in Munslow).  However, before his marriage in 1757, I can't pin down definitively which "Samuel Amies" he is . . .

If he was the son of Bonham & Hannah, he'd be married at 22, have last child at 34, and die aged 71.

If he was the son of William & Sarah, he'd be married at 34, have last child at 45, and die aged 83.

Both of these are seem reasonable to me, so I'd be interested to know a) if we're talking about the same Samuel Amies and b) whether you have any data that helps me pin down my "Samuel Amies" better . . .

--- Tony Jebson