Author Topic: Blance/Fordyce families  (Read 6180 times)

Offline leoniew

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Blance/Fordyce families
« on: Wednesday 04 January 06 03:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi all!
Hopefully somebody out here can help me here! I am trying to find ancestors of Dorothy Blance (b: bef 1684) who married Hugh Fordyce in around 1700. I have the ancestry of Hugh Fordyce (father: Andrew Fordyce; mother: Elizabeth Henderson).
It is the Blance side that I urgently require! All I have is the following:

Dorothy Blance born before 1684; died after 1724. Married Hugh Fordyce in Gloup around 1700. I have as her father (although unsure) as Andrew Blance or maybe John Blance.

PLEASE HELP :(

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline joanthewad

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Blance/Fordyce families
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 13:08 BST (UK) »
Hello
I have a family tree for this person.  You may of course have the information by now.  Dorothy's father was John Blance born about 1660.  Have you found any more info - if so I'd like to share.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Blance/Fordyce families
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 July 10 14:01 BST (UK) »
Leonie,  have you tried the Shetland site, "Bayanne", which is really superb!     Skoosh.