Author Topic: Neilson family in Paisley  (Read 10589 times)

Offline Rosinish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • PASSED & PAST
    • View Profile
Re: Neilson family in Paisley
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 11:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Jen,

Good you have the original 1851 as SP & Anc. had 2 different names i.e. Hellen/Dullen.
This in itself is always a problem!

So, the question still remains do you think this is supposed to be Duncan as you haven't said?

Is it possible to post a snip to see if anyone can read it please?

Annie

Add, Sorry, in reply to "Interested in your connection to the family", no connection just interested in the topic & trying to help.
South Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland:- Bowie, Campbell, Cumming, Currie

Ireland:- Cullen, Flannigan (Derry), Donahoe/Donaghue (variants) (Cork), McCrate (Tipperary), Mellon, Tol(l)and (Donegal & Tyrone)

Newcastle-on-Tyne/Durham (Northumberland):- Harrison, Jude, Kemp, Lunn, Mellon, Robson, Stirling

Kettering, Northampton:- MacKinnon

Canada:- Callaghan, Cumming, MacPhee

"OLD GENEALOGISTS NEVER DIE - THEY JUST LOSE THEIR CENSUS"

Offline jen5525

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 25 September 18 18:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Gillian, Jen

I think you are right - definitely not the same couple - I had a chat with my Aunt - (on my mum's side) who has a better memory for this than I have.

John Reid Neilson (my grandfather) was born in Renfrew 1901 and married Margaret MacPherson some time between the wars. My dad (another John Reid Neilson) was born just before the second world war. Grandfather was one of three Robert, Jean and John - I don't know their parents names unfortunately and Grandmother was from Irish stock.

so I was definitely barking up the wrong tree - but just how many Johns and Margarets could be couples?

thanks to both of you

Hi John,

thanks for that info!  Both Gill and I are researching the extended family tree of the Neilson family.  If it turns out that we're connected more remotely, I'll definitely let you know!

Jen
Stewart in Kirkden, Paisley, Port Glasgow Scotland; Londonderry, Ireland; South Africa
Neilson in Paisley, Port Glasgow Scotland
Baillie in Peebles, Paisley, Edinburgh Scotland
Anderson in Angus/Forfarshire & Kincardineshire Scotland
Forbes in Kirkden Forfarshire & Kincardineshire, Scotland
Patterson/Paterson in Carmyllie & Kirkden, Forfarshire Scotland
Calhoun in Tyrone, Ireland & Jersey City, New Jersey
Mitchard in Liverpool England & New Jersey

Offline Jack1206

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Sunday 09 October 22 19:38 BST (UK) »
My name is John Neilson(Jackie)tried seaching few years ago but got so frustrated with it and lost patience I just could not focus oń one person but I am giving it a other try and will need all the help I can get .        My