Author Topic: Budd, Gilett, James  (Read 2689 times)

Offline 0401blue

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Budd, Gilett, James
« on: Thursday 05 January 06 15:05 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any info really.  My Grandmother's name was Nellie Winifred Beatrice Budd and her father's name was Frederick George Budd.  I have recently discovered her mother's maiden name was Gilett but have no idea of her first name.  My Grandmother had two brothers, Edgar and Roland and a sister, Freda.  My Grandmother was known by the name of Winnie and she married Michael George James (known as George to most but as Mick to relatives in Swansea).  They had Theresa (she died at a few days old), David Vincent and Michael Collin (my Dad).  My grandparents married in Aberkenfig and as far as I know, lived there or nearby most of their life, probably born in the Valleys.  I know my Grandparents were born in 1918 (Michael) and 1920 (Winifred) so I'm guessing their parents were born around 1900 or some time before.
Any help would be fantastic.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Budd, Gilett, James
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 January 06 15:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello and Welcome to Rootschat!

You are not yet into census territory and because the freebmd site has not recorded events as late as your grandparents births, you will need to obtain information from a payable site such as 1837online and then buy some certs!

Unless you have elderly rellies you can ask for more specific information - maybe someone in the family already has this info or the certs tucked away somewhere?

You need to establish the parents names, and your grandmother' s birth cert would do this (hopefully!).  It will also have an address, which should help locate them.

There are too many GILLETs in Wales in 1901 to hazard a guess!

Once you know her parents names you can look for a marriage & they might also feature on the 1901 census.  The same applies to grandad - although hisname is going to be trickier to research!

I think there are some offers for 1837 look ups on site if you are quick!

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)