Author Topic: Mary Lythgoe (Liverpool 1861).  (Read 3187 times)

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Lythgoe (Liverpool 1861).
« Reply #18 on: Monday 27 November 17 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Mary's parents were Thomas and Elizabeth Lythgoe.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline 1banshee

• RootsChat Extra
  • ~ I am the result of the love of thousands ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 27 November 17 15:18 GMT (UK) »
So, if the 1 year old Elizabeth and her mother, Mary, listed as visitors , is the same Mary who married a Pendleton later that year, then Elizabeth Lythgoe could well have taken on the Pendleton surname along with her Mum?!?
Doran / Ward / Carr / Kerr / O'Kane / O'Connor / Goostrey / McLaughlin

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 27 November 17 16:58 GMT (UK) »
Elizabeth Pendleton with parents Thomas and Mary, and siblings, can be found on 1861 census living in Litherland.  They are also in several trees on Ancestry.

Offline ScouseRicey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 27 November 17 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks 1banshee and chempat. It looks like you've solved the puzzle. I'll have to check it out further, but many, many, thanks.  :)

Colin

Offline 1banshee

• RootsChat Extra
  • ~ I am the result of the love of thousands ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 27 November 17 21:39 GMT (UK) »
Glad to help ScouseRicey - I know how frustrating it can be when a brick wall is hit, especially when you are armed with details!  I'm still looking for numerous Irish relatives who came over to both Glasgow and Liverpool - all the details are there on various documents but finding them is proving to be fruitless up to now lol - hope it is your Elizabeth Lythgoe and the missing piece of the puzzle :)
Doran / Ward / Carr / Kerr / O'Kane / O'Connor / Goostrey / McLaughlin