Author Topic: James Mcintyre - Glasgow  (Read 4420 times)

Offline flower fairy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
James Mcintyre - Glasgow
« on: Tuesday 14 September 04 18:31 BST (UK) »
Do not know very much about this man, my 4'x great grandad. He was 54 on the 1851 census which by this time he was living in Gateshead with his son William Mcintyre and his wife and children. He was a widow but i think he married a Jane Brown in the 1820's in Newcastle. Would love to find more info about him but am unsure of which part of Glasgow he was born in. Nicky
Rundle, Beard, Crewes- Cornwall
Green, Tucker- Devon
Dyer, White- Somerset
Gardiner(+variants), Gibson, Watson, Patterson, Nicholson- Durham
Nicholson, Burns, Mcintyre- Northumberland
Mcintyre- Scotland

Offline wallaby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: James Mcintyre - Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 November 04 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicky,  I have a James McIntyre, however as of yet I have'nt gotten to researching him.  His son Robert was my ggrandfather making James my gggrandfather.  I do know that he had 4 children.  Does your James have other children that you know of or just William?  Regards Wallaby
Boreham,Todd,Searle,Hazard: London
McIntyre,Rush:Glasgow,Kirkcaldy,Bo'Ness
McIntyre,Hazard,O'Connor:Ireland

Offline flower fairy

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 08 November 04 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wallaby.
Thanks for the reply. As I say I do not know much about this man but his son Willliam had a son called Robert so it is possible that it was a family name. Do you know roughly what year your Robert was born. William was born approx 1820 in North Newcastle. James came to Newcastle  where he married Jane Brown in in the 1820's but I do not know the name of any other children. Was your Robert from Newcastle or Glasgow? Many thanks, Nicky
Rundle, Beard, Crewes- Cornwall
Green, Tucker- Devon
Dyer, White- Somerset
Gardiner(+variants), Gibson, Watson, Patterson, Nicholson- Durham
Nicholson, Burns, Mcintyre- Northumberland
Mcintyre- Scotland

Offline wallaby

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 December 04 22:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
     Sorry for not replying sooner.  I have Robert McIntyre born 1866 Londonderry Ireland, however him & his wife lived many years in Glasgow having 8 children before moving to the US.  I still have no information on his father James.  Robert was married to a Margaret Clark Calderhead from Greenoch.
Wallaby
Boreham,Todd,Searle,Hazard: London
McIntyre,Rush:Glasgow,Kirkcaldy,Bo'Ness
McIntyre,Hazard,O'Connor:Ireland