Author Topic: Harney/Morrissey of Crobally  (Read 2931 times)

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Harney/Morrissey of Crobally
« on: Monday 09 January 06 14:55 GMT (UK) »
Please can someone fill me in on these people, as I believe they are my relatives.  Mary Harney and ? Harney, they married at Tranmore, and then lived in Crobally.

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Harney/Morrissey of Crobally
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 March 08 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Maggie,

What denomination were your ancestors and when did they live at Tranmore and Crobally?

You'll have to rely on Church records as civil registration in Ireland was not introduced until 1864. Non Catholic marriages were registered from 1845 onwards. When registration for BDMS started in 1864 some people didn't bother with the registration for a few years after that date. Keep your fingers crossed that church records still exist.

Christopher

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 15 March 08 14:48 GMT (UK) »
my relative were RC but I think they were married in Clonmel or Dungarvan.  I will try and find out more.

Regards
Maggie

Offline tomm

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 April 08 21:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie
Just looking through old emails and saw this, so I wondered if you had any success in the Harney Morrissey family.

I have found this,
 Family of John Morrissey and Eliza Tobin.

A daughter Mary Morrissey was born on the 21st of April 1868 at Moonvoy.
A son Thomas Morrissey was born on the 13th  December 1870 at Tramore, he married Mary Harney on the 16th October 1897, in Holy Cross Church, she was the daughter of Maurice Harney and Julia Landers
of Fenor/ Dunhill Parish, a daughter Johanna Morrissey was born at Tramore on the 13th December 1872.
 Please mail me if you think that this is your Mary Harney.
P.S. she's my grannie.
Tom.

Offline maggie smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 April 08 16:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom

Thank you for your interest in my request.  I do not know much about these people only that my Grandfather was Maurice McGrath and was married to Minney Maroney in Dungarvan.  As far as I know there was a farm in Killadangon where grandad was an egg farmer.  The names of Morrissey and Harney were mentioned when I was over there on holiday.  Maurice died about 1937 and is buried in St Marys Dungarvan.  I am sure there is a link here some where but I am unable to find it yet.  The other manes in my tree are Hurton, Kiely, Condon and Tracey. 
Please let me know if you are able to find a link.
Maggie

Offline PatHarney

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 April 16 00:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

I've just found your thread, after trawling the net, following a recent discovery of the following:

My Great Great Grandfather was Maurice Harney from the Dunhill area and he was married to Julia Landers.

I noticed that your thread is from a while ago, so hopefully you're still looking for family links?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Patrick Harney