Author Topic: Paris - Princess Eristavi  (Read 9958 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Paris - Princess Eristavi
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 20:22 BST (UK) »
Moderator Comment: New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 21:09 BST (UK) »
Oh- I forgot that! Please arrange for Charles Roderick to post further information to see if I can help him!
Many thanks
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 21:57 BST (UK) »
Oh- I forgot that! Please arrange for Charles Roderick to post further information to see if I can help him!
Many thanks
Caroline

Moderator's can't arrange for someone to make enough posts to PM so it's just a matter of waiting.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline charlesroderick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 15:11 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline, I understand your respect for family matter. I will not divulge here, other matter already known and get on the website.
I am working for about 10 months on the history of female magician “Ionia” born in Brussels as Clementine de Vere.
I am collecting all connecting information’s. Your information about your grand mother address book was new for me. So that’s why I contacted you trough RootsChat.
 In my reply (n° 7), I told that Clementine de Verre, (born in 1888), became Princess Clementine Eristavi when she married on june 21, 1919, with  Prins Vladimir Eristavi Tchtcherine from Russia.
She divorced on October 26, 1928 but she retained the title.
By 1921 she and her son Frank (from her first marriage) where living in Paris, 26 avenue de Neuilly.
In 1955 she moved to Saint Jean Cap Ferrat. She died on march 31, 1973.
You mention the period from 1920 and 1950s- that period she lived in Paris, this is concordant.
Notice also, the similarity of time life, of your grand mother and Princess Clementine Eristavi.
Very strange, isn’t it?
Keep in touch
Regards
Charles Roderick

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 29 September 09 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hello Charles - my interest is trying to solve a family mystery. My grandmother claimed to have known a French princess - which we all took with a pinch of salt until more recently, following the death of my mother, all family papers came into my possesion - amongst which was and address book belonging to my grandmother (1889-1977). In this book I found the name and address of Princess Eristavi Tchitcherine with the addresses etc as given on the  web site -it would seem that my grandmother came to know Clementine after WW2 and was in correspondence until the early 1960s when Christmas cards stopped coming and my grandmother assumed she had passed away. My grandmother was consumed with searching for her son who was shot down during WW2 with the RAF and we can only assume that somewhere in all her investigations, she came into contact with Clementine - there can be no other explanation as their backgrounds are so remote! So - if you can shed any light whatsoever on how my grandmother in London could possibly have come into contact with Clementine - paris address followed by the change to the south of France - i would be delighted as it would solve our mystery!

Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 21:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Charles, Just picked up on some old research and wondered if you have any info at all about Princess Clementine Eristavi from 1940 onward to the mid 1960s- I am still trying to work out how she knew my grandmother!

Caroline

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 21:55 BST (UK) »
Hi

Charles hasn't been on Rootschat according to his profile since October 09. As he only posted twice he can't be pmed.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline babsport

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Caroline, I have just noticed your reply from August, and I am really interested like you on the Princess Eristavi and Devere connection.

I am related to her through her fathers side, Charles Devere he was my Grandfathers step father - so if you would like to comunicate, I will fill you in with more details.
Bee   

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 06 October 10 13:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Bee - I have a whole file on Princess Eristavi and her parents - I have no blood link but my grandmother was crorresponding with Princess Eristavi from 1949 till the early 1960s - and we just cannot work out how on earth my grandmother (middle class and from walthamstow!) should know the Princess Clementine. Probably best if we chat off site so please send me a personal message and se how we get on!

Great to hear from you - maybe I can finally solve this mystery!

Caroline
( I have only been researching this inside out for the last 5 years so am really excited at a possible new lead to break through my brick wall!!)