Author Topic: Paris - Princess Eristavi  (Read 9929 times)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Paris - Princess Eristavi
« on: Monday 09 January 06 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Serious help needed here! I have found the address of a French princess in my grandmotheer's address book (her dates are 1889-1978). We knew there was some klink with a French princess but thought it was just family folklore. Does anyone know how I can research this or who to contact - the address nook relates from 1920s to 1950s- the entry shows that the Princess moved from a Paris address to Cap ferrat in April 1955. Any ideas at all?????????????
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)
Wood/Gibbs/Battrick/Fall/Budden-(Dorset)

Offline MarMnkly

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Always looking back
    • View Profile
Re: Paris - Princess Eristavi
« Reply #1 on: Monday 09 January 06 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Caroline, there are two articles in the Times for the name ERISTAVI. The first is for 1946 and is a marriage in London between the only child of the Princess Eristavi-Tchitcherine of Paris [he is named Mr Frank W Tchitcherine of Norwalk, Connecticut] and Sheila, widow of Captain Colin Pitman [only daughter of Mrs A C Ballingal of Cranmer Court.

The second is for 1962 -again a marriage- where Princess Diane Eristavi held a reception for Mr Donald Canmore Malcolm who was marrying Countess Vittorio Pietrasanta in New York.

best wishes
Margaret  :)
Surname Interests
Massey, Munkley, Powell, Thompson, Thurkettle

Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 09 January 06 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Margaret- that is a start! However am I going to find out why this address was in my grandmother's address book and the connection????????
I do know that my great grandmother went to the Paris Conservatoire of Music in the 1880's as a finishing school despite the fact that the family came from the East Ednd of London - my great great grandfather hasblood from his maternal line but the whole business is becoming a mystery! Any other ideas as to where I might look to resolve this one?
Caroline
Roots/Day/Atkins - (Essex/Suffolk/ London)Bourne/Milner/Corden-(Staffs/Shrops/Cheshire)

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 09 January 06 19:49 GMT (UK) »
Her background may have been a bit more mundane!

Article Here

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline Valda

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 09 January 06 20:13 GMT (UK) »
Not I think the same Princess because of the dates. Perhaps it was the Prince's first wife if he had one, or his mother?

Biography for
Lucy Cotton

Date of birth (location)
c. 1891
Houston, Texas, USA

Spouses
Edward Russell Thomas (1924 - 1926) (his death) 1 child
Col. Lytton Gray Ament (1927 - 1930) (divorced)
Charles Hann Jr. (1930 - 1932) (divorced)
W. F. Magraw (1933 - 1941) (divorced)
Prince Vladimir Eristavi-Tchitcherine (1941 - 1944) (divorced)

Date of death (details)
12 December 1948
Miami Beach, Florida, USA. (suicide)
Committed suicide, overdosing on sleeping pills.

This website has a photograph of her

http://content.lib.washington.edu/cgi-bin/viewer.exe?CISOROOT=/sayrepublic&CISOPTR=8186&CISORESTMP=&CISOVIEWTMP=

She was a film actress between 1910 and 1921.

Regards

Valda
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 09 January 06 20:15 GMT (UK) »
Well that's a relief - now we can still imagine a real Princess!

;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 09 January 06 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Wow - this is really boggling my mind! Thank you all so much for all the info - I will study it very carefully and see which way is the best way forward on all this!
(Is it a touch of the Grace Kelly??)
Caroline

Offline charlesroderick

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 September 09 16:41 BST (UK) »
Hello here Charlesroderick I am new on rootchat and realy interredin your e-mail concerning princess Eritavi. I am working on the history of a femal Magician her name was Clementine de Vere, her father was Charles de Vere and mother Julie Ferret.
She is born  in Belgium, Brussels in 1888 but registred as British subject by birthright as Charles and Julia were British subject. She married in second wedding Prins Eristavi and became  Princesse Clementine Eristavi... she diad in 1973 aFrance, Saint Jean Cap Ferrat west of Monaco
Do you have more information about your grandmother adressbook?

Offline queenswood 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 19:54 BST (UK) »
Hi -I am very limited as to information I can disclose in respect of Clementine as it is a family matter. Can you tell me more about why you are researching her? Send it as a personal message to keep too much disclosure from the common post boards.
Many thanks
Caroline