Author Topic: surname interest  (Read 3023 times)

Offline Hopton

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
surname interest
« on: Tuesday 10 January 06 15:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
    My family names are
Howe from Barton
Nicholson from Barton
Jackson from Barton
Shaw from Appleby
Taylor from Appleby
 Any help or connections would be great.

Janet
Hopton in Yorkshire, Simkiss in Manchester, Oldland in Staffordshire, Garratt in Northamptonshire, Thornthwaite in Cumberland, Wolfenden in Oldham, Howe in Cumberland/Westmorland, Taylor in Cumberland/Westmorland, Shaw in Cumberland/Westmorland, Lee in Rochdale,  Jackson in Burnley, Shotton in Northumberland/Durham, Slater in Skipton, Laidman in Northumberland.

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: surname interest
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 February 06 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Can you provide more details - then we might be able to find some of them for you

Anna
McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Holmes - Bawdsey, Suffolk
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Collett - Bredon, Worcester
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Rogerson - Dumfries and Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline Hopton

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 February 06 15:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anna,

My Howe family came from Barton and farmed Barton Church farm which seems to be just behind the church I think they may have moved there from Greystoke,  my great great grandfather Edward Howe was born at Barton in 1834, he moved to Penrith and worked on the railway as a plate layer.

My Nicholson family is Elizabeth Nicholson, Edward Howe's 1st wife also born in Barton in 1841

My Jackson family is Barbara Jackson, Edward Howe's 2nd wife born 1843 at Barton, I have just sent off for her birth certificate, so I'm hoping to get more information on her. I think that Elizabeth Nicholson and Barbara Jackson were both from the same family, Elizabeth's mother may be Barbara's grandmother, not easy to get my head around, but I'm hoping the birth certificate will sort it all out.

My Shaw family came from Kendal to Appleby my great great grandmother Elizabeth Shaw was born in Appleby in 1837, she married Robert Jackson Taylor and moved to Penrith where they ran a Grocer's shop

My Taylor family came from Appleby, but my Robert Taylor Jackson was born at Ulverston in 1833,  he is the only one in the family born there, the rest are born at Appleby and the younger ones at Penrith.

most of these families were quite large, so I'm trying to find other people researching the same names and places.

Janet.
Hopton in Yorkshire, Simkiss in Manchester, Oldland in Staffordshire, Garratt in Northamptonshire, Thornthwaite in Cumberland, Wolfenden in Oldham, Howe in Cumberland/Westmorland, Taylor in Cumberland/Westmorland, Shaw in Cumberland/Westmorland, Lee in Rochdale,  Jackson in Burnley, Shotton in Northumberland/Durham, Slater in Skipton, Laidman in Northumberland.

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 05 February 06 15:44 GMT (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Whoops - seem to have fallen foul of this a lot this weekend

Sorry peeps

Anna x
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle