Author Topic: 1841 census look up please. Completed with thanks.  (Read 2476 times)

Offline Coxon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
1841 census look up please. Completed with thanks.
« on: Sunday 15 January 06 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I am trying to find Henry Hay, married, born around 1803 (give or take a few years, he seems to forget when he is born!), born in Orkney

Barbara (or Barbra) Hay his wife, born around 1816 in Orkney.  They married in1834 in Stromness, Orkney.

and their son Henry Hay, born around 1836 also in Orkney.

I know that this isn't much to go on, but I have my fingers crossed that somebody can help me.

If anybody has access to the Parish Records for that area, I would be grateful if they could fill me in with any other details regarding the family.

Louise
Louise

Offline Coxon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 census look up please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 January 06 21:23 GMT (UK) »
I am sorry to mess you about, but I have found another child which suggests that the family had left Stormness by this time.  I don't think that they were in Orkney at all by this time.  Once again SORRY. :-[

Louise

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 09 December 06 19:37 GMT (UK) »
hi louise, i am able to do a look up of the 1841 census for you, have you learned any new information regarding your henry?

joe
helping wherever possible

Offline Coxon

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 December 06 12:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Joe,

I have since found the family in Hartlepool, on the 1841 census. So I know longer need a look up for Orkney.  In the following census's I have found Henry & from them I know that he was born somewhere in Scotland - but not exatly where!!

Thank you once again for the offer.

Louise