Author Topic: Brandwood End Cemetery  (Read 10114 times)

Offline sassyuk99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BRANDWOOD END CEMETERY
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 21:15 BST (UK) »
I belong to  the Friends of Brandwood End Cemetery and we endeavour to answer any questions, or at least point people in the right direction.  We do not own the Cemetery (that is Birmingham City Council) and we are all volunteers, most of us with full time jobs elsewhere...  You can find out tons of of information and links at www.fbec.org.uk.  To Juliepen.. here is the information I emailed across:

Hi Julie

Sorry, I didn't receive your first email and I have been out of the country a lot with work.  We are mere volunteers so can't guarantee a speedy response - sorry :-(

All the information you need to help you find a grave is on our website.  Like the public we would have to pay for a search, and we focus our time actually in the Cemetery.

Here are the links which should be able to help you:

http://fbec.org.uk/about-the-cemetery/trying-to-find-a-grave/

There was a link direct to Birmingham Council bereavement pages but it wasn't working the last time I checked (BCC are the owners).

I wish you all the best with your search!

ps.  We have found some volunteers to help us to set up a database electronically of all the graves so we may be able to help in future!  You can support our good work by becoming a member:  http://fbec.org.uk/about/

Offline sassyuk99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 24 August 11 21:17 BST (UK) »
Ps.  FBEC would love to hear any interesting or unusual news or finds relating to Brandwood End Cemetery. And if you have any photos then please share them with our account on Flickr!  Many thanks, Sarah

Offline KayRam

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 28 September 11 14:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Jake,
I came across your offer to take photos of memorials in Brandwood Cemetery.
I have several relatives who I believe are buried there and would be very grateful if you would be able to locate them. An elderly relative was going to try and do this but has since died.
They are: Florence Oakley (nee Norton) died 1972 and Alfred Oakley died 1962
Look forward to hearing back.
Kay
NORTON - Tipton/West Bromwich/Castleford/Iowa
HUNTER - Tipton/Iowa
AUSTIN - Staffordshire
BROOKES - Staffordshire
PICKERSGILL - Yorkshire
BARRACLOUGH - Yorkshire
HARVEY - Kent

Offline romak

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 14 December 11 03:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jake

I am trying to find a grave for Winifred Ferguson who died on 27 August but we don't know the year.  Would you be able to advise me of the date please?

Thanks
Robyn

Offline cresser

• RootsChat Extra
  • John Charles Cresswell, 1924 - 2002. My Father.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 07 November 12 08:58 GMT (UK) »
My post was never answered. I love to have some information on my grandmother's grave (my earlier post gave the location), and to know if my grandfather (William Abel Clark, died approx. 1971-72) was buried anywhere near her. Or if their son Reginald is buried someplace near. I doubt it on the latter 2, but a glance around in the vicinity of my grandmother's grave would answer that question.

Thank you so much for your help!
P
Hi Parapet,
I realise it was some years ago now, when you posted a request for info of a grave at Brandwood End cemetery, I have only just viewed your post, and obviously don`t know if you got anything at all. Does your request still stand?, if so, I can get to the cem` easily, and will try to get what I can, let me know if you do, cheers, cresser.
Cresswell/Crosswell - Warwickshire/Worcestershire.
Yarnold/Yarnall - Worcestershire.
Looking for Cresswell/Crosswell`s from the Church Lench (Worcs) and Loxley, Arrow, Alcester, Salford Priors,(Warks),area`s. Anything appreciated, thanks.

Offline PHEABE

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 16 December 12 19:20 GMT (UK) »
I came across your offer to take pictures in Brandwood End Cemetery, and would love to take advantage of your offer since I live in the States. The one grave I have information for is the following: Section B14, Grave # 3664, Selina Clark. This is the grave of my maternal grandmother; the information comes from the original card for the grave information. There is a handwritten note on the card that states "14 Cong (?) path, 7 across", in case that helps.

If you see any graves in the area that look related to it, I would be grateful for pictures of those as well... I have little knowledge of my mother's side of the family, other than my grandfather's name name being William A. Clark and his son's name Reginald Clark. My parents emigrated to the USA in 1949, and they never much spoke of their family histories other than a very few stories. I don't even know if any more of my mother's family are buried at Brandwood End Cemetery, they could even have been cremated for all I know (my mother is long since gone so I can't ask), but if you happen to see any "Clark" headstones when looking for this one, please also send pictures of those.

Thanks so much for your kindness!
P
Hi
We went to brandwood today to lay flowers at my mother in laws grave .I saw your message and decided to look for the grave you were talking about .I found it and took some pictures  ,would you still like to see them
Andy ps my email is (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline DavidJP

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Brandwood End Cemetery
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 10 January 13 01:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

If the very kind offer of photos taken of graves still stands, would it be possible to have photos of the graves of my four paternal gt grandparents as all are buried in Brandwood End Cemetery!

My gt grandparents are as follows:

Thomas Gibson who died on 11th July 1963
Hester Elizabeth Gibson who died on 22nd July 1958
George Albert Parker who died sometime between 5th & 30th June 1952
Esther Parker who died on 29th September 1963

I would be extremely grateful if this could be done.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards

David
Aitcheson, Aldred, Batty, Bauer, Bone, Brewer, Dean, Doyle, Durant, Fife, Finney, Gibson, Graham/Grayham, Hall, Harrison, Hersey, Hill, Holliss, Hudson, Hussey, Insley, Kelsey, King, Laver, Longmore, Luke, Mellor, Newman, North, Parker, Phillips, Porter, Read, Robinson, Rowel, Spink, Sproxton, Steer, Stevenson, Tanner, Witty/Whitty, Warburton, Wood.
(For more information on the above surnames please check the Surname Interest Table below.)