Author Topic: MOTT - Cheltenham  (Read 7819 times)

Offline Katkingreen

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MOTT - Cheltenham
« Reply #18 on: Monday 29 August 16 22:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Spriggy
We are, in a way, related! Your husband's great grandmother Louisa was an elder sister to my great great grandfather- William Mott. He was William Richard Mott born 1856, baptised 11th May St. Mary's Cheltenham. He doesn't appear to be aware of his real age at various points in his life (he gives slightly differing ages e.g. on enlistment) so I think that might have thrown some of the other contributors to this thread.
William Mott's story is an interesting one. He fathered a child with my great great grandmother Ada Louise Selwood in Birmingham. Their daughter Eva Lizzie Selwood was born in March 1892. She was illegitimate and spent the rest of her life trying to cover up this fact... she never told any of her descendants i.e. my granny or my mum where she came from. It's take me about 13 years on and off to figure out what became of her mother Ada- it's been a real labour of love because she used different surnames.

It's brilliant to find someone else who is connected with all this! Dare I ask... do you have any Mott family photos? We have nothing  :(  I would be overjoyed if you, or anyone else reading this, has any photos, letters or ANYTHING(!!) to do with the Motts.

Best wishes,
Katharine

Offline Spriggy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 04 September 16 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hello There So Nice for you to reply. I will look into all the information I have on Louisa Mott and if you have a direct email I will forward it on to you. The only photograph I have is of my Husbands Great Grandmother which is Louisa Motts Daughter! Not sure if this is any use to you? Its so nice to think there is someone out the looking for the same people who are distantly related. Best Wishes Jayne xx

Offline Katkingreen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 05 September 16 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Jayne!
I've just discovered how to send you a reply (and my email address) in private message format. Let me know if there's any probs with reading.
Great to be in touch!!
Best wishes
Katharine