Author Topic: John Haig and Agnes Hall in Duns  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Beckey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Haig and Agnes Hall in Duns
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 18 July 06 12:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Pam,
Thanks for the offer, but one lot is in the Lothians and the others are all round the Borders, am member of Borders FHS and have managed to get a lot of info, but thanks all the same.

Regards,
Barry
Scottish Borders - Wait Binnie Aitchison Whitelaw Sligo Fairgrieve Fairburn Robinson Plenderlieth Robson Broadwith Park Dickie Kerr Wilson Lockie Oliver Brown Scott.
Ross & Cromarty, Forsyth Bain.
Kincardine, Forsyth Lownie.
Staffordshire - Smith Steele Hallmark Colclough Dunn Booth Frost.
Shropshire - Tennant.
Sheffield - Savage England Corn Trippett.
Lincolnshire - Savage Smalley Allitt Booth Addison Kirton.
Huntingdonshire - Corn Connington Randall Baxter Booth .

Offline DHaig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 26 May 16 20:06 BST (UK) »
Hello. I've just resumed research on my family after being made redundant. I believe I am descended from John Haig, born 1715, but have encountered the same obstacle as many others have, namely Alison Millar. I have gathered some info, which doesn't confirm anything, sadly. I'm happy to share this, but thought I'd check to see if you have made any progress in the meantime?

Offline forshaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 26 May 16 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there,
Good to hear from you. Sadly, I have made no further progress on John Haig and Alison Millar. Which child links you to this couple?
Archbald, Atherton Boardman, Bolton, Bowdler, Brown, Carmichael, Craig, Forshaw, Gray, Haig, Hall, Hodson/Hodgson, Hogg, Hudson, Millar, Murray, Pringle, Reynolds/Wrenalls, Shuttleworth, Swarbrick, Tait, Turner, White.

Offline DHaig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 26 May 16 20:26 BST (UK) »
I should have introduced myself properly - Duncan Haig, now living in Aberdeen. I must double check everything, but think I'm descended from John Haig, born 1757. Like others, I have some reason to believe his parents were John Haig, b 1715, and Alison Millar, b 1740 (maybe?). However, i can find no evidence of marriage between them?

Offline forshaw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 26 May 16 20:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Duncan.
You are coming down the same line then. I have evidence JH and Alison Millar were a couple but I will need to email you that info. I have just sent you a personal message, with my email address.
Archbald, Atherton Boardman, Bolton, Bowdler, Brown, Carmichael, Craig, Forshaw, Gray, Haig, Hall, Hodson/Hodgson, Hogg, Hudson, Millar, Murray, Pringle, Reynolds/Wrenalls, Shuttleworth, Swarbrick, Tait, Turner, White.

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 28 May 16 19:12 BST (UK) »
Some of the names mentioned here ring bells for me, but the dates are wrong. Maybe no connection, but I have a Thomas Stewart in Kelso and Susannah Miller in Fogo, Berwickshire, who were married in 1716. She was definitely in Fogo at the time of the marriage.

The IGI claims that Susannah was born in Fogo on 9 May 1688 to John Miller and Jeane Haig, m.1676 in Fogo. Their children are Alisone(1676), James(1677), William(1678), Margarit(1680), Johne(1682), Jeane(1685) and Susannah(1688) Miller.

Harry