Author Topic: Essex 1841 census lookup please  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Brummygirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Essex 1841 census lookup please
« on: Sunday 22 January 06 18:28 GMT (UK) »
Is there a kind person that could look at the essex 1841 census for me and if possible send me the image's

I am looking for William Cathcart born Panfield, Essex. (parents unknown).
On the 1851 census he is married and living in Shalford Road, Panfield, Essex. I Believe he is mistranscribed on the 1851 as the last name is Chiscart also mistranscribed for his marriage ref of sq of 1850.

I am also looking for his wife she is Eliza Cornell also born Panfield in Essex daughter of John and Jane Cornell.
Many many thanks for any help you can give me
Brummygirl
TAKE A LOOK AT MY WEBSITE. http://www.ancestorsofbirmingham.com/                                                                                                         PARISH REGISTER TRANSCRIPTIONS FOR ASTON, BIRMINGHAM & COVENTRY. ALSO  GRAVESTONE IMAGES FOR WARSTONE LANE & WITTON CEMETERIES IN BIRMINGHAM & LONDON ROAD CEMETERY IN COVENTRY
Researching - Asbury/Bilson/Davis/Dugmore/Hitchman/Markland/Milner/Morris/Perkins/Ray/Sidwell/Smith/Warden
Census information is Crown Copy Right

Offline cep

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Essex 1841 census lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 January 06 18:51 GMT (UK) »
1841 Panfield   HO107 333_05 7 p7

Hill Farm
Joseph Kithcart, 35, Ag Lab
Eliza Kithcart, 30
William Kithcart, 12
Joseph Kithcart, 10
Jonathan Kithcart, 6
James Kithcart, 4
Eliza Kithcart, 1

All b. Essex

Regards   CP
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cep

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 January 06 19:00 GMT (UK) »
1841 Panfield   HO107 333_05 8 p10

Near Silks
John Cornell, 52, Ag Lab
Jane Cornell, 47
Ady Cornell [male], 23, Ag Lab
Charles Cornell, 15, Ag Lab
Eliza Cornell, 11
Henry Cornell, 7
Hephzibah Cornell [female], 3

All b. Essex

Several other Cornell families in Panfield

Regards   CP
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 31 December 17 01:06 GMT (UK) »
Here is just a little of my research on the Cathcart families of Essex and County Durham.
1841   Elijah & Sarah Cornell b 1842, m. 1860            
   Frank            
1829   William 1829 & Eliza 1830 Cathcart + family            
1844   Nathan Kithcart/Cathcart         1844 - 1847   
1838   James     Kithcart / Cathcart            
1831   Joseph            
1844   Edward            
1840   Eliza            
1835   Jonathan 6 in 1841 Census            
1835   John Cathcart ( Kithcartt ) m KEZIA JUNIPER            
1802 /6   Joseph the FATHER         Panfield ?   
1807 /11   Eliza the Mother            
Jonathan later changes to John and he marries Kezia Juniper, names their first daughter Fanny after Kezia's sister who marries Jonathan's brother James at Braintree ( Panfield) in 1858, witness being George Wilson, and Esther Reynolds, and John and Kezia move to London although Censuses show it as Kingston, Surrey, but Kezia dies young and he remarries, Mary A from Canada I believe, and Fanny Cathcart dies young also and James remarries to Sarah Knight (nee Pead) and she too dies soon after and he appears to marry Mary ( born Chigwell) and he dies at Romford early 1900s.
Elizah and wife move to Pelton Fell, County Durham and have children there before returning to Essex.   I have tons more info and am happy to share it with anyone, regards, Ian Peter Nelson.
ianpeternelson@gmail.com
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.

Offline Ian Nelson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 February 18 20:03 GMT (UK) »
There are many errors in the transcribing of the name Cathcart.  Try Kithcart, Kithcartt, Catheart, Cuthcort etc!.   The real family name is Cathcart (origins near Glasgow, 12th century.)
Braintree, Essex has many hamlets to the west where there is a cluster of related Cathcarts mainly born on Farms at or near Panfield, Rayne etc!
Elijah Cathcart married Sarah Cornell in 1860 at Braintree.
He is a son of Joseph and Eliza Cathcart and has siblings:- Johnathan (aka John) James etc! John and James marry 2 sisters, Kezia and Fanny Juniper at Braintree.
Hope this helps ... you could try FreeBMD.org.uk for more info, regards, Ian Nelson (mother's maiden name is Cathcart)
Norfolk, Nelsons of Gt Ryburgh, Gooch, Howman, COLLISONS,  Ainger, Couzens, Batrick (Norfolk & Dorset), Tubby ( also of Yorkshire) Cathcarts of Ireland, Lancashire & Isle of Wight) Dickinsons of Morecambe and Lancaster, Wilson of Poulton-le-Sands and Broughton.  Wilson - Ffrance of Rawcliffe,  Mitchells of Isle of Wight. Hair of Ayrshire, Williamson of Tradeston, Glasgow. Nelsons in Australia with Haywards Heath connections.