Author Topic: Marriage of Thomas Wild  (Read 960 times)

Offline Mygenes2006

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage of Thomas Wild
« on: Wednesday 25 January 06 02:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Am trying to find any information regarding the marriage of Thomas Wild, his wife was called Sarah and in his will he refers to her as Sarah Chappell Wild so Chappell may have been her maiden name.  They also called one of their sons Samuel Chappell Wild again implying it may have been a family name.

Their children were born between 1823 and 1841, I have the childrens birth dates and all the children were born in the St Pancras area and christened at the St Pancras church.  In 1841 they lived in Edward Street and in 1851 were living in Regents Park.  Thomas Wild's will dated 1852 leaves a large amount of leasehold property to his wife and children. 

If anyone can locate his marriage to Sarah it would be greatly appreciated.  It says on the census that she was from Coombes, Wiltshire but have found no record of her anywhere.  Thanks
Derrick, Dudley, Quince, Swaby, Wild,

Offline AussieGenealogy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Great GrandMother Daisy Bachellier
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Thomas Wild
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 02:38 GMT (UK) »
just a suggestion mygenes, but its possible that Chappell is her middle name, strange I know but I have had the same problem, my grandmothers middle name (and I kid you not is Young,) my gr grandmothers maiden name was Young and all my grandmothers sibling got the same middle name.
Bachellier - Bethnal Green and France
Gaucheron - France
Saumon- France
Godran - France
Rossignol - France
Heggie - Fife Scotland
Forsyth - Glasgow Scotland
MCLennan - Glasgow Scotland
Melville - Lanarkshire?
Wright - Lincolnshire
Dalton - Licolnshire
Hutton Lanarkshire
Winch - Kent UK
Northwood - Shropshire/Montgomeryshire Wales

ITS NOT CHARLES  - ITS GEORGE CHARLES VELINDER FAWCETT!!
Currently renovating
Census information is Crown Copyright from National Archives,gov.uk

Offline Mygenes2006

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 25 January 06 17:07 GMT (UK) »
Yes is very confusing.  I know there was a Chappell family in London something to do with pianos but her birth place on the census is Coombes Wiltshire and have found no records for her there either.  Will keep searching.  Thanks for the suggestion, think its definetly a possibility.

Offline Mygenes2006

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 06 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Have now discovered her maiden name, its Wilson, so her name is Sarah Chappell Wilson who married Thomas Wild some time around the 1820's.  She came from Castle Coombe, Wiltshire, he from London.  Still have had no luck tracing marriage.  Thanks