Author Topic: Old Kilpatrick Cemetery.  (Read 55919 times)

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
  • Beauty fades, dumb is forever
    • View Profile
Re: Old Kilpatrick Cemetery.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 February 06 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I'll nip along Monday, then there will be someone there to ask.

The place I'm thinking of is called Dalnottar Cemetery, so I'm not 100% sure if it's there or the one futher along the A82, it's no problem to ask.

I'll take the camera with me. It isn't too sinister to go to a cemetery with a camera is it?  :o

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 11 February 06 19:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Miss Pooh's
A couple of days before I visit the cemetery, I have to make a telephone call, and I think it is to the groundsmen of Dalnattar cemetery to arrange to meet them there, so I can find the correct Lair.
I will double check my e mail from Clydebank and get back to you, so you don't have a wasted journey.

Nah take a camera, ;) I will when I go.
Pettsy

Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 February 06 20:09 GMT (UK) »
I always take a camera to the cemetary. 

Dalnottar??  I thought that the Old Kilpatrick burial ground was different to Dalnottar.  But then.... that was an assumption on my part... and we all know what assuming does!

Holy cow..... I was in Dalnottar 3 years ago, taking photo's of my Stewarts, and it never occurred to me to look for Anthony Coyle there.

I have two bills of purchase for plots, one in 1953 calls the cemetary Dalnottar, the other in 1912 calls it Old Kilpatrick.  So you can see how I thought they were different.
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 11 February 06 20:40 GMT (UK) »
No Old Kilpatrick is a different cemetery.

But as I don not know where abouts of section 34, Lairs 42, 43 & 44 (where my ancestors are buried) I was told to ring 01389-873790, and the men at North Dalnottar cemetery will call me back and arrange to meet me and show me where the Lairs are. And to give them a couple of days notice.

If Miss Pooh's knows where to do, she will not need to do that.
I just thought it would save her searching.

Petts in Hertfordshire,Chelsea & New Zealand.<br />Swift in Islington, Chelsea &  Battersea.<br />Cox in Chelsea.<br />Carter in Chelsea.<br />Little in Westminster, London.<br />Munn & McAulay in Duntocher, Scotland.<br />
Munn New Jersey and Oz
Dwyer, McManus & Kiernan in Ireland.<br />Turner in Shrewsbury.<br />Cannon in London.<br />Porter in London.<br />Kinner in Chelsea, London.<br />Le Breton

Offline Debbie in B.C.

• RootsChat Senior
  • Gretta Coyle 1924 - 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 February 06 21:12 GMT (UK) »
ahhh.... I see now!  Thanks for the input Pettsy, now I don't feel so dumb for not looking in Dalnottar for my Anthony!  LOL!
Stewart, Moore, Murray, McLure, Beaton, McIntyre, Sinclair, Barr, Burnside, Welsh, Barker, McGibbon, Harrison, Gallacher/Gallagher, Hedley

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 11 February 06 22:26 GMT (UK) »
I think I know which one to go to now  ;), but I'll have to ask where the section and lair are.

It's no bother they aren't far away.

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 13 February 06 10:25 GMT (UK) »
OK I phoned WDC, and they told me that the lair you're after is actually in the church yard at Old Kilpatrick Parish church.

I'll phone the grounds man and see if I can find out anything else.

Offline pettsy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 13 February 06 11:01 GMT (UK) »
Miss Pooh's
Can you find out where section 34 is while you are there please.
I have 3 lairs to look for 42, 43, & 44.
Thanks.

Pettsy  :)
Munn New Jersey and Oz

Offline Miss Poohs

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 14 February 06 09:14 GMT (UK) »
I'll do ma best.

Andrew is off school until tomorrow so I'll not be going down with him in tow - even by my standards, taking a 7yr old to a grave yard is a bit off - he'd never sleep again!!!  ;D

I'm going back into hospital Friday too, so I'll try and get as much info before I in  ;)